Tom Cruise sets up page on Russian social network
- Photo: KEN KATZ/StarTraks1 of 19
- Photo: Jim Spellman/WireImage2 of 19
- Photo: David Fisher/Rex USA3 of 19
- Photo: Gregg DeGuire/WireImage4 of 19
- Photo: ZWAA/WENN5 of 19
- Photo: OHPIX/Bauer-Griffin6 of 19
- Photo: Alfaqui S.L./StarTraks7 of 19
- Photo: Harry Pluviose/Retna Ltd.8 of 19
- Photo: Nikos Vinieratos/REX/StarTraks9 of 19
- Photo: Paul Hennessy/Splash News/Splash News10 of 19
- Photo: © Hitoshi Yamada / interTOPICS/Retna Ltd.11 of 19
- Photo: Mark J. Terrill/Invision/AP12 of 19
- Photo: Star magazine/Promotional13 of 19
- Photo: Lloyd Bishop/NBCU Photo Bank/NBC14 of 19
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage15 of 19
- Photo: Eric Charbonneau/WireImage16 of 19
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage17 of 19
- Photo: Warner Bros.18 of 19
More Celeb News
- 'Amazing Spider-Man 2' Will Get Massive Rollout From SonyMSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 4:32:00 PM
- Booboo Stewart Drama 'Sonata' Plucks Director Brendan Foley (Exclusive)MSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 4:31:00 PM
- Look Out, Camp Counselors: A Friday the 13th Series Is in the WorksMSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 4:26:00 PM
- 'Godzilla' Draws Fire in New IMAX Poster (Photo)MSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 4:09:00 PM
- What Is Survivor's Jeremiah "Kicking Himself" Over?MSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 3:29:00 PM
- 'Amazing Spider-Man 2' Will Get Massive Rollout From Sony
MOSCOW (AP) — Tom Cruise has become the first Hollywood star to set up a page on the popular Russian social network VK.
RELATED: Celebs who quit Twitter
The "Mission Impossible" actor's page appeared Friday, announced by a message on Twitter saying "See you there!" in Russian.
His profile picture is a poster for his new science fiction film "Oblivion," which comes out in Russia on April 11, two weeks before it opens in the U.S.
Cruise's page is a sign of Russia's increasing box-office clout. Box-office income rose 8 percent last year to $1.3 billion, the ninth-highest in the world, and is expected to grow 9 percent this year.
VK, which is short for "In Contact," dominates the Russian social media market with more than 40 million users — about 10 times as many as use Facebook.
RELATED: The best star comebacks
Worst Mom Style
Check out Kim Kardashian's worst fashion moments as a mom.Watch Video »
Jessica Simpson, Kourtney Kardashian, Beyonce, Gisele and Kendra Wilkinson post Easter Sunday pics on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "Sabrina the Teenage Witch" is up to today.Watch Video »
Lindsay Lohan, David Beckham, Justin Bieber and 50 Cent show off their globe-trotting travels on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Lena Dunham to Kristen Stewart, see the most awkward red carpet posers.Watch Video »
Victoria Beckham, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley and Melissa Joan Hart toast their birthdays on today's Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTCat's in the Bag
From Crowd Ignite