Tom Cruise sets up page on Russian social network
- Photo: KEN KATZ/StarTraks1 of 19
- Photo: Jim Spellman/WireImage2 of 19
- Photo: David Fisher/Rex USA3 of 19
- Photo: Gregg DeGuire/WireImage4 of 19
- Photo: ZWAA/WENN5 of 19
- Photo: OHPIX/Bauer-Griffin6 of 19
- Photo: Alfaqui S.L./StarTraks7 of 19
- Photo: Harry Pluviose/Retna Ltd.8 of 19
- Photo: Nikos Vinieratos/REX/StarTraks9 of 19
- Photo: Paul Hennessy/Splash News/Splash News10 of 19
- Photo: © Hitoshi Yamada / interTOPICS/Retna Ltd.11 of 19
- Photo: Mark J. Terrill/Invision/AP12 of 19
- Photo: Star magazine/Promotional13 of 19
- Photo: Lloyd Bishop/NBCU Photo Bank/NBC14 of 19
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage15 of 19
- Photo: Eric Charbonneau/WireImage16 of 19
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage17 of 19
- Photo: Warner Bros.18 of 19
More Celeb News
- American Idol: Is This the Most Boring Group of Contestants Ever?MSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 4:47:00 PM
- Does Mel Gibson Deserve Another Chance?MSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 4:22:00 PM
- 'Fast & Furious 7' Resumes Production This MonthMSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 4:02:00 PM
- Obama pitches his health care plan on Funny or DieMSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 4:01:01 PM
- ABC's Ratings the Most Glaring Challenge for Anne Sweeney's SuccessorMSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 3:58:00 PM
- American Idol: Is This the Most Boring Group of Contestants Ever?
MOSCOW (AP) — Tom Cruise has become the first Hollywood star to set up a page on the popular Russian social network VK.
RELATED: Celebs who quit Twitter
The "Mission Impossible" actor's page appeared Friday, announced by a message on Twitter saying "See you there!" in Russian.
His profile picture is a poster for his new science fiction film "Oblivion," which comes out in Russia on April 11, two weeks before it opens in the U.S.
Cruise's page is a sign of Russia's increasing box-office clout. Box-office income rose 8 percent last year to $1.3 billion, the ninth-highest in the world, and is expected to grow 9 percent this year.
VK, which is short for "In Contact," dominates the Russian social media market with more than 40 million users — about 10 times as many as use Facebook.
RELATED: The best star comebacks
From Brad Pitt to Ian Somerhalder, see some of Hollywood's sexiest vampires.Watch Video »
Find out what Oscar winners Jared Leto and Lupita Nyong’o have been up to since the Academy Awards on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Rihanna, Nicole Richie, and Rita Ora all get an F on this week's Fashion OffendersWatch Video »
Best Bikini Bods
Kim Kardashian, Bar Refaeli and Heidi Klum share their best bikini pics on social media on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Kim Kardashian to Paris Hilton, see which stars have the most expensive engagement bling.Watch Video »
Where are they?
See where the cast of "Cruel Intentions" is today.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite