Tom Cruise's Lawyer Takes Aim at Another Tabloid Over Bad-Dad Article
- Photo: DDAA/ZOB/WENN1 of 14
- Photo: Gregg DeGuire/WireImage2 of 14
- Photo: James Devaney/WireImage3 of 14
- Photo: James Devaney/WireImage4 of 14
- Photo: James Devaney/WireImage5 of 14
- Photo: KEN KATZ/StarTraks6 of 14
- Photo: JAXN/GSI7 of 14
- Photo: James Devaney/WireImage8 of 14
- Photo: John Shearer/WireImage9 of 14
- Photo: James Devaney/WireImage10 of 14
- Photo: RG4/WENN11 of 14
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage12 of 14
- Photo: James Devaney/WireImage13 of 14
More Celeb News
- Sara Bareilles and VH1 Save the Music Foundation Launch Piano Grant Program for Public SchoolsMSNEntertainment 3/10/2014 9:00:00 AM
- Cartoon Network Slate: Legos, Elijah Wood and BearsMSNEntertainment 3/10/2014 8:54:00 AM
- Ratings: ABC's 'Resurrection' Debuts BigMSNEntertainment 3/10/2014 8:36:00 AM
- 'True Detective': What We Know About Season 2MSNEntertainment 3/10/2014 8:21:00 AM
- ABC Drama 'Resurrection' Sparks Social Media Buzz Even If People Can't SMSNEntertainment 3/10/2014 8:19:00 AM
- Sara Bareilles and VH1 Save the Music Foundation Launch Piano Grant Program for Public Schools
WENN -- Tom Cruise's busy lawyer has attacked another tabloid over what he insists is a "bogus cover headline." A week after Bert Fields took issue with a National Enquirer front page that suggested his client kept estranged wife Katie Holmes locked up in a "house of horrors" in Hollywood, the attorney is taking aim at Life & Style over an article that suggests Cruise has abandoned his daughter, Suri.
Ironically, the publication hit newsstands across America the day after Cruise jetted to New York from the set of his upcoming movie "Oblivion" to spend quality time with the 6-year-old.
In an email sent to news outlets on Wednesday, Fields attacks Life & Style editors for printing the story, stating, "That, as anyone knows who saw their photos together yesterday and today, is a disgusting, vicious lie." He adds, "Until this week, Tom was shooting a film on location, but he spoke to Suri every day. ... He's with Suri right now; and he was with her the day before Life & Style trumpeted their cruelly false accusation. Tom dearly loves Suri and the last thing he would ever do is abandon her."
The movie star was said to be blindsided last month when Holmes filed for divorce, insisting on primary custody of the couple's daughter. Since she filed papers, Holmes has spent every day with Suri. Before Tuesday's father-and-daughter reunion, the last time Cruise saw his daughter was on a film set in Iceland on June 16.
Where are they?
See where the cast of "Cruel Intentions" is today.Watch Video »
The Rock flexes massive muscle while getting sentimental on Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
Rihanna, Katy Perry, and Heidi Klum all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
From Mila Kunis to Mary-Kate Olsen, get the scoop on all the engagements in Hollywood on Replay.Watch Video »
Sarah Michelle Gellar talks to Wonderwall's Chris Gardner about "terrifying" paparazzi, growing veggies with her daughter, why she never went to rehab.Watch Video »
From Christina Aguilera to Jennifer Hudson, see some of Hollywood's ever-changing waistlines.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite