Tom Hanks' jury duty comes to close following allegations of jury tampering: Report
- Photo: Joseph Marzullo/WENN1 of 11
- Photo: Joseph Marzullo/WENN2 of 11
- Photo: FUTURE IMAGE/WireImage.com3 of 11
- Photo: Gregg DeGuire/WireImage4 of 11
- Photo: Darrylee Cohen/Retna Ltd.5 of 11
- Photo: Theo Wargo/WireImage6 of 11
- Photo: RHA/ZOB/WENN7 of 11
- Photo: Splash News/Splash News8 of 11
- Photo: Dimitrios Kambouris/WireImage9 of 11
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP10 of 11
More Celeb News
- Alicia Keys to Mentor Pharrell Williams' Team on 'The Voice'MSNEntertainment 7/23/2014 2:11:00 PM
- CW Pulls 'Seed,' 'Backpackers' From ScheduleMSNEntertainment 7/23/2014 2:03:00 PM
- Whitney Houston's Mother Is Upset Over Lifetime's Upcoming Biopic: "Let HMSNEntertainment 7/23/2014 1:50:00 PM
- The Originals' Joseph Morgan Weds Persia WhiteMSNEntertainment 7/23/2014 1:48:00 PM
- Comic Con: TheWrap's Live BlogMSNEntertainment 7/23/2014 1:47:00 PM
- Alicia Keys to Mentor Pharrell Williams' Team on 'The Voice'
By Chris Gardner
Tom Hanks performed his civic duty this week and reported to a Los Angeles courtroom for jury duty. However, the domestic violence case he had been assigned came to a surprise close following reported allegations of jury tampering involving the Oscar winning actor.
RELATED: BING: Craziest celeb arrests
TMZ reports that Hanks reported to jury duty on Tuesday and Wednesday. During a lunch break, Hanks was approached by a female member of the L.A. City Attorney's Office who thanked him for his service, reports TMZ.
A prosecutor reported the inappropriate contact to the court, which led the defense to ask for a hearing to prove prosecutorial misconduct. The hearing never happened because lawyers for both sides "started talking and a plea deal was cut," writes TMZ.
RELATED: Embarrassing celebrity arrests
The lawyer for the defendant, Andrew Flier, told the website that his client pled no contest to disturbing the peace and agreed to a $150 fine. He was on trial for allegedly striking his girlfriend and had faced up to a year in jail.
Best B-Day Ever?
Selena Gomez celebrates her birthday early with a helicopter ride in Italy with new pal Cara Delevingne on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
Find out where the cast from "When Harry Met Sally" is today.Watch Video »
Let's check out some of Eva's tactics behind her baby bump secret on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Cameron Diaz, Rumer Willis, and Ellie Goulding all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
See some of the cutest moments from Prince George's first year.Watch Video »
Gwen Stefani shares photos from behind the scenes of a photo shoot for her Harajuku brand on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTTexas Heat
From Crowd Ignite