Tom Hanks' jury duty comes to close following allegations of jury tampering: Report
- Photo: Joseph Marzullo/WENN1 of 11
- Photo: Joseph Marzullo/WENN2 of 11
- Photo: FUTURE IMAGE/WireImage.com3 of 11
- Photo: Gregg DeGuire/WireImage4 of 11
- Photo: Darrylee Cohen/Retna Ltd.5 of 11
- Photo: Theo Wargo/WireImage6 of 11
- Photo: RHA/ZOB/WENN7 of 11
- Photo: Splash News/Splash News8 of 11
- Photo: Dimitrios Kambouris/WireImage9 of 11
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP10 of 11
More Celeb News
- 'Amazing Spider-Man 2 Trailer: Green Goblin Takes Center Stage (Video)MSNEntertainment 12/5/2013 6:32:41 AM
- Malcolm McDowell Joins Gael Garcia Bernal in 'Mozart in the Jungle'MSNEntertainment 12/5/2013 6:15:10 AM
- 'Decoding Annie Parker' Starring Helen Hunt, Samantha Morton Picked Up By eOne FilMSNEntertainment 12/4/2013 6:57:26 PM
- 'Anchorman' Ron Burgundy ESPN Gig Canceled Due to Jameis Winston CoverageMSNEntertainment 12/4/2013 6:47:39 PM
- Song Smashup Showdown: Which 2013 Year-End Pop Music Collaboration Is Best?MSNEntertainment 12/4/2013 6:39:52 PM
- 'Amazing Spider-Man 2 Trailer: Green Goblin Takes Center Stage (Video)
By Chris Gardner
Tom Hanks performed his civic duty this week and reported to a Los Angeles courtroom for jury duty. However, the domestic violence case he had been assigned came to a surprise close following reported allegations of jury tampering involving the Oscar winning actor.
RELATED: BING: Craziest celeb arrests
TMZ reports that Hanks reported to jury duty on Tuesday and Wednesday. During a lunch break, Hanks was approached by a female member of the L.A. City Attorney's Office who thanked him for his service, reports TMZ.
A prosecutor reported the inappropriate contact to the court, which led the defense to ask for a hearing to prove prosecutorial misconduct. The hearing never happened because lawyers for both sides "started talking and a plea deal was cut," writes TMZ.
RELATED: Embarrassing celebrity arrests
The lawyer for the defendant, Andrew Flier, told the website that his client pled no contest to disturbing the peace and agreed to a $150 fine. He was on trial for allegedly striking his girlfriend and had faced up to a year in jail.
Girls Night Out
It's a girls night out for celebs like Jennifer Lopez, Khloe Kardashian, Leah Remini, Brooklyn Decker, and more on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From slicked back hair to drop-crotch pants, check out some of the biggest fashion blunders of the year.Watch Video »
From George and Sandra to Taylor and Ed, see more of Hollywood's platonic pairs.Watch Video »
See some of the hottest celebs that joined frats and sororities while in college.Watch Video »
Taylor Swift shares stunning photos of her time in New Zealand on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out which of Hollywood's geeky guys get all the hottest ladies.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTYear in Romance
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite