Tom Hanks' jury duty comes to close following allegations of jury tampering: Report
- Photo: Joseph Marzullo/WENN1 of 11
- Photo: Joseph Marzullo/WENN2 of 11
- Photo: FUTURE IMAGE/WireImage.com3 of 11
- Photo: Gregg DeGuire/WireImage4 of 11
- Photo: Darrylee Cohen/Retna Ltd.5 of 11
- Photo: Theo Wargo/WireImage6 of 11
- Photo: RHA/ZOB/WENN7 of 11
- Photo: Splash News/Splash News8 of 11
- Photo: Dimitrios Kambouris/WireImage9 of 11
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP10 of 11
More Celeb News
- Need More Sarah Palin? Right-Wing Firebrand Launches Online TV ChannelMSNEntertainment 7/27/2014 11:42:00 PM
- AP Top Entertainment News At 11:13 p.m. EDTMSNEntertainment 7/27/2014 8:13:21 PM
- The Leftovers' Amy Brenneman: Laurie's "Not So Fragile" AnymoreMSNEntertainment 7/27/2014 8:00:00 PM
- Comic-Con: How 'Bates Motel' Makes Norman and His Mom More Likable (Guest Blog)MSNEntertainment 7/27/2014 7:49:00 PM
- 'Manhattan' Creator on Doomsday Drama: 'Americans Never Met an ApocalypseMSNEntertainment 7/27/2014 5:57:00 PM
- Need More Sarah Palin? Right-Wing Firebrand Launches Online TV Channel
By Chris Gardner
Tom Hanks performed his civic duty this week and reported to a Los Angeles courtroom for jury duty. However, the domestic violence case he had been assigned came to a surprise close following reported allegations of jury tampering involving the Oscar winning actor.
RELATED: BING: Craziest celeb arrests
TMZ reports that Hanks reported to jury duty on Tuesday and Wednesday. During a lunch break, Hanks was approached by a female member of the L.A. City Attorney's Office who thanked him for his service, reports TMZ.
A prosecutor reported the inappropriate contact to the court, which led the defense to ask for a hearing to prove prosecutorial misconduct. The hearing never happened because lawyers for both sides "started talking and a plea deal was cut," writes TMZ.
RELATED: Embarrassing celebrity arrests
The lawyer for the defendant, Andrew Flier, told the website that his client pled no contest to disturbing the peace and agreed to a $150 fine. He was on trial for allegedly striking his girlfriend and had faced up to a year in jail.
Find out which stars attended Jennifer Lopez's birthday celebration on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Selena Gomez, Zoe Saldana, and Maggie Gyllenhaal all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Cameron Diaz, Rumer Willis, and Ellie Goulding all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
See how Taylor Swift has been rocking red over the years.Watch Video »
Get the scoop on Naya Rivera's wacky wedding on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
From Beyonce to Jennifer Lopez, see how these stars keep their figures trim.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTSexy Sweeties
From Crowd Ignite