Tom Hanks' jury duty comes to close following allegations of jury tampering: Report
- Photo: Joseph Marzullo/WENN1 of 11
- Photo: Joseph Marzullo/WENN2 of 11
- Photo: FUTURE IMAGE/WireImage.com3 of 11
- Photo: Gregg DeGuire/WireImage4 of 11
- Photo: Darrylee Cohen/Retna Ltd.5 of 11
- Photo: Theo Wargo/WireImage6 of 11
- Photo: RHA/ZOB/WENN7 of 11
- Photo: Splash News/Splash News8 of 11
- Photo: Dimitrios Kambouris/WireImage9 of 11
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP10 of 11
More Celeb News
- ZEFR Acquires Social Influencer Startup EngodoMSNEntertainment 9/23/2014 4:44:00 PM
- 'Dallas' Finale Ratings: Ewing Cliffhanger Closes to Below-Average Total ViewersMSNEntertainment 9/23/2014 4:33:00 PM
- Daytime Talk Ratings: 'Dr. Phil' Tops Premiere Week; 'The Meredith VieiraMSNEntertainment 9/23/2014 4:14:00 PM
- Fox News Channel Rockets to Decisive Ratings Victory During US Airstrikes on ISISMSNEntertainment 9/23/2014 3:13:00 PM
- 'Big Bang Theory' Star Simon Helberg's Directorial Debut Acquired by OrioMSNEntertainment 9/23/2014 3:00:00 PM
- ZEFR Acquires Social Influencer Startup Engodo
By Chris Gardner
Tom Hanks performed his civic duty this week and reported to a Los Angeles courtroom for jury duty. However, the domestic violence case he had been assigned came to a surprise close following reported allegations of jury tampering involving the Oscar winning actor.
RELATED: BING: Craziest celeb arrests
TMZ reports that Hanks reported to jury duty on Tuesday and Wednesday. During a lunch break, Hanks was approached by a female member of the L.A. City Attorney's Office who thanked him for his service, reports TMZ.
A prosecutor reported the inappropriate contact to the court, which led the defense to ask for a hearing to prove prosecutorial misconduct. The hearing never happened because lawyers for both sides "started talking and a plea deal was cut," writes TMZ.
RELATED: Embarrassing celebrity arrests
The lawyer for the defendant, Andrew Flier, told the website that his client pled no contest to disturbing the peace and agreed to a $150 fine. He was on trial for allegedly striking his girlfriend and had faced up to a year in jail.
Get the scoop on the RHONJ stars' recent whereabouts on Replay.Watch Video »
See how Kate Hudson embraces Instagram on Celebs Gone SocialWatch Video »
From Carrie Underwood to Duchess Kate; get the pregnancy scoop on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Julianne Hough, Victoria Beckham, and Nicole Scherzinger all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Get Mariah and Nick's marital woe breakdown on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
From Kim Kardashian to Paris Hilton, see which stars have the most expensive engagement bling.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTInspiring Hubby!
From Crowd Ignite