Tom Hanks' jury duty comes to close following allegations of jury tampering: Report
- Photo: Joseph Marzullo/WENN1 of 11
- Photo: Joseph Marzullo/WENN2 of 11
- Photo: FUTURE IMAGE/WireImage.com3 of 11
- Photo: Gregg DeGuire/WireImage4 of 11
- Photo: Darrylee Cohen/Retna Ltd.5 of 11
- Photo: Theo Wargo/WireImage6 of 11
- Photo: RHA/ZOB/WENN7 of 11
- Photo: Splash News/Splash News8 of 11
- Photo: Dimitrios Kambouris/WireImage9 of 11
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP10 of 11
More Celeb News
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90MSNEntertainment 3/9/2014 1:40:07 PM
- Zac Efron Shops Dildos in 'Neighbors,' Proving Once Again He's Far More TMSNEntertainment 3/9/2014 11:43:00 AM
- '300: Rise of an Empire' Storms Overseas Box Office With $88 MillionMSNEntertainment 3/9/2014 11:41:00 AM
- AP Top Premium Entertainment Headlines At 2:47 p.m. EDTMSNEntertainment 3/9/2014 11:40:29 AM
- Marvel expands Infinite with 'Ultimate Spider-Man'MSNEntertainment 3/9/2014 11:33:56 AM
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
By Chris Gardner
Tom Hanks performed his civic duty this week and reported to a Los Angeles courtroom for jury duty. However, the domestic violence case he had been assigned came to a surprise close following reported allegations of jury tampering involving the Oscar winning actor.
RELATED: BING: Craziest celeb arrests
TMZ reports that Hanks reported to jury duty on Tuesday and Wednesday. During a lunch break, Hanks was approached by a female member of the L.A. City Attorney's Office who thanked him for his service, reports TMZ.
A prosecutor reported the inappropriate contact to the court, which led the defense to ask for a hearing to prove prosecutorial misconduct. The hearing never happened because lawyers for both sides "started talking and a plea deal was cut," writes TMZ.
RELATED: Embarrassing celebrity arrests
The lawyer for the defendant, Andrew Flier, told the website that his client pled no contest to disturbing the peace and agreed to a $150 fine. He was on trial for allegedly striking his girlfriend and had faced up to a year in jail.
Where are they?
See where the cast of "Cruel Intentions" is today.Watch Video »
Sarah Michelle Gellar talks to Wonderwall's Chris Gardner about "terrifying" paparazzi, growing veggies with her daughter, why she never went to rehab.Watch Video »
From Mila Kunis to Mary-Kate Olsen, get the scoop on all the engagements in Hollywood on Replay.Watch Video »
The Rock flexes massive muscle while getting sentimental on Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
Rihanna, Katy Perry, and Heidi Klum all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Kendall and Kylie take Wonderwall behind the scenes at a photo shoot and chat family, embarrassing style moments and more!Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite