Tracy Morgan files for divorce from wife Sabina of 23 years
- Photo: Brian Prahl/Splash News1 of 8
- Photo: Joseph Giannattasio/Pacific Coast News2 of 8
- Photo: John Spellman/Retna Ltd.3 of 8
- Photo: James Devaney/WireImage.com4 of 8
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP5 of 8
- Photo: Pacific Coast News6 of 8
- Photo: Sara De Boer/Retna Ltd.7 of 8
More Celeb News
- 'Glee' Star Harry Shum Jr. Joins 'Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon&aposMSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 5:09:00 PM
- PHOTO: Check Out Glee's Lea Michele on Sons of AnarchyMSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 4:21:00 PM
- Discovery Counts Down to Shark Week With 'Gears, Fears and Rears' Week (Exclusive)MSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 4:18:00 PM
- 'Sharknado 2: The Second One' Live Blog: Join Our Real-Time Snark-nadoMSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 4:16:00 PM
- 'Fifty Shades' Star Dakota Johnson Joins Ralph Fiennes, Tilda Swinton in &aposMSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 4:04:00 PM
- 'Glee' Star Harry Shum Jr. Joins 'Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon&apos
By Michelle Lanz
Some relationships end in one brief, painful swoop, kind of like tearing an old Band-Aid off of your arm.
But such is not the case for "30 Rock" actor Tracy Jordan and his wife Sabina, whose 23-year marriage is finally coming to an end after a slogging separation of nearly 8 years.
The New York Daily News reports that the 40-year-old former "SNL" star filed divorce papers in the Bronx Supreme Court on Friday. Court documents are sealed, so the reason for divorce is not known.
However, this isn't the first time the couple has made steps to end their union.
Morgan's wife filed for divorce back in 2008, citing Tracy's continued alcohol abuse as a major contributor. He went through a rough patch around that time and was charged with a DUI.
He then had to wear an alcohol bracelet around his ankle, which continually checked for the alcohol content in his system for 90 days.
“I gave him every opportunity since August to stay in the marriage, but he's failed," said Sabina in 2008. "It's terrible that he's drinking again. He knows he shouldn't be doing that for so many reasons, his health especially."
Soonafter, Morgan seemed to be cleaning up his act and the couple reconciled, on the condition that he stay sober. But of course that didn't last long, so they split up again. This time is seems it's for good.
An unnamed friend said about the couple:
"Basically they were divorced without the paperwork," the friend said. "It seems like he has had a different girlfriend every five months or so. In the past three years, I've met three girlfriends."
Looks like at least Tracy has had time to get over it and move on, so hopefully this is a step in the right direction for the soon-to-be-exes and their three sons.
More on Wonderwall:
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTBye Baby Bump
From Crowd Ignite