Tyler Perry pens emotional foreword to self-help book
- Photo: Gregg DeGuire/WireImage1 of 6
- Photo: Kevan Brooks/AdMedia/Retna Ltd.2 of 6
- Photo: BT1/WENN3 of 6
- Photo: Jim Spellman/WireImage.com4 of 6
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP5 of 6
More Celeb News
- ABC's 'Nashville' Plans 2 Live Performances During Season 3 PremiereMSNEntertainment 8/1/2014 4:40:00 PM
- 'Big Bang Theory' Contract Talks: 5 Past Negotiations to Set Your Mind at EaseMSNEntertainment 8/1/2014 4:32:00 PM
- Christina Aguilera Dresses Up Like Demi Moore for Naked, Pregnant Magazine Cover (Photos)MSNEntertainment 8/1/2014 4:20:00 PM
- Selena Gomez Breaks Her Own Rotten Tomatoes Record With a Zero for 'Behaving Badly&aposMSNEntertainment 8/1/2014 4:09:00 PM
- Grey's Anatomy's Ellen Pompeo Developing Drama for ABC FamilyMSNEntertainment 8/1/2014 3:11:00 PM
- ABC's 'Nashville' Plans 2 Live Performances During Season 3 Premiere
Actor Tyler Perry has written an emotional foreword to a book which aims to help men deal with the aftermath of sexual assault.
Perry, who was himself sexually abused as a child, penned the piece for a self-help book called "Joining Forces: Empowering Male Survivors to Thrive" by Dr. Howard Fradkin.
The actor/director, who did not receive a fee for his words, reveals he accepted the task to encourage other men and boys to speak out about their past and move on from the experience.
RELATED: Celebs who have done good deeds
In a post his Facebook.com page, he writes, "There [are] a lot of boys who have been abused and hurt... Most men never saying a word about it, just suffering in silence....
"I know that this is difficult to talk about or even acknowledge, especially for men. That's why I am so happy that Dr. Howard Fradkin has written a book called Joining Forces to help men who are adult survivors learn to cope, deal and most of all stop suffering in silence...
"I know the pain and the darkness and the shame that we as men can carry when these evil acts have been put upon us. But I also... know the peace and comfort that comes along with healing from the horror. Healing can start by reading this book."
Bloom vs. Bieber
Get the scoop on Orlando Bloom and Justin Bieber's on-going feud on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Get the scoop on Naya Rivera's wacky wedding on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Heidi Klum, Jada Pinkett Smith, and Miranda Kerr all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Britney Spears, Beyonce and more stars share their summer love on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Selena Gomez, Zoe Saldana, and Maggie Gyllenhaal all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Gisele Bundchen swims with horses on today's Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall Editor Jessica Wedemeyer.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXT'Sin'-fully Sexy
From Crowd Ignite