Tyler Perry pens emotional foreword to self-help book
- Photo: Gregg DeGuire/WireImage1 of 6
- Photo: Kevan Brooks/AdMedia/Retna Ltd.2 of 6
- Photo: BT1/WENN3 of 6
- Photo: Jim Spellman/WireImage.com4 of 6
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP5 of 6
More Celeb News
- John Travolta cannot stop ex-pilot's tell-all lawsuit, court saysMSNEntertainment 7/22/2014 4:22:00 PM
- 'Walking Dead' Star Steven Yeun Is Writing and Producing His Own Projects to CreatMSNEntertainment 7/22/2014 3:45:00 PM
- Jeff Blake's Departure at Sony Leaves Amy Pascal With No One Else to BlameMSNEntertainment 7/22/2014 3:43:00 PM
- Mega Buzz: Chicago Fire's Triangle, a Scandal Death and Sleepy Sneakiness MSNEntertainment 7/22/2014 3:40:00 PM
- Ken Burns 'Thrilled' About Central Park Five SettlementMSNEntertainment 7/22/2014 3:27:00 PM
- John Travolta cannot stop ex-pilot's tell-all lawsuit, court says
Actor Tyler Perry has written an emotional foreword to a book which aims to help men deal with the aftermath of sexual assault.
Perry, who was himself sexually abused as a child, penned the piece for a self-help book called "Joining Forces: Empowering Male Survivors to Thrive" by Dr. Howard Fradkin.
The actor/director, who did not receive a fee for his words, reveals he accepted the task to encourage other men and boys to speak out about their past and move on from the experience.
RELATED: Celebs who have done good deeds
In a post his Facebook.com page, he writes, "There [are] a lot of boys who have been abused and hurt... Most men never saying a word about it, just suffering in silence....
"I know that this is difficult to talk about or even acknowledge, especially for men. That's why I am so happy that Dr. Howard Fradkin has written a book called Joining Forces to help men who are adult survivors learn to cope, deal and most of all stop suffering in silence...
"I know the pain and the darkness and the shame that we as men can carry when these evil acts have been put upon us. But I also... know the peace and comfort that comes along with healing from the horror. Healing can start by reading this book."
Where Are They?
Find out where the cast from "When Harry Met Sally" is today.Watch Video »
See some of the cutest moments from Prince George's first year.Watch Video »
Best B-Day Ever?
Selena Gomez celebrates her birthday early with a helicopter ride in Italy with new pal Cara Delevingne on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Let's check out some of Eva's tactics behind her baby bump secret on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Best Bikini Bods
From Jennifer Lawrence to Rihanna, see the best off-season celeb bikini bods.Watch Video »
Rihanna, Kim Kardashian, and Eva Longoria all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTI Can't Trust Men
From Crowd Ignite