Tyler Perry pens emotional foreword to self-help book
- Photo: Gregg DeGuire/WireImage1 of 6
- Photo: Kevan Brooks/AdMedia/Retna Ltd.2 of 6
- Photo: BT1/WENN3 of 6
- Photo: Jim Spellman/WireImage.com4 of 6
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP5 of 6
More Celeb News
- Senator Al Franken to Netflix CEO: What's Your Take on the Comcast-Time Warner Deal?MSNEntertainment 4/16/2014 5:05:00 PM
- 'Of Mice and Men' Theater Review: James Franco, Chris O'Dowd Bring VibranMSNEntertainment 4/16/2014 4:30:00 PM
- Top Hollywood Publicist Leslie Sloane Exits BWR After 17 Years (Exclusive)MSNEntertainment 4/16/2014 4:28:00 PM
- Megan Ellison's Annapurna Pictures Developing First TV Project With 'True Blood,&aMSNEntertainment 4/16/2014 3:53:00 PM
- Los Angeles Register Launches With Upbeat News MixMSNEntertainment 4/16/2014 3:50:00 PM
- Senator Al Franken to Netflix CEO: What's Your Take on the Comcast-Time Warner Deal?
Actor Tyler Perry has written an emotional foreword to a book which aims to help men deal with the aftermath of sexual assault.
Perry, who was himself sexually abused as a child, penned the piece for a self-help book called "Joining Forces: Empowering Male Survivors to Thrive" by Dr. Howard Fradkin.
The actor/director, who did not receive a fee for his words, reveals he accepted the task to encourage other men and boys to speak out about their past and move on from the experience.
RELATED: Celebs who have done good deeds
In a post his Facebook.com page, he writes, "There [are] a lot of boys who have been abused and hurt... Most men never saying a word about it, just suffering in silence....
"I know that this is difficult to talk about or even acknowledge, especially for men. That's why I am so happy that Dr. Howard Fradkin has written a book called Joining Forces to help men who are adult survivors learn to cope, deal and most of all stop suffering in silence...
"I know the pain and the darkness and the shame that we as men can carry when these evil acts have been put upon us. But I also... know the peace and comfort that comes along with healing from the horror. Healing can start by reading this book."
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "Sabrina the Teenage Witch" is up to today.Watch Video »
Shemar Moore shouts out all his “baby girls” and shows off his impressive shirtless body on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where are they?
See where the former cast of "The Girls Next Door" is today.Watch Video »
Justin Bieber makes a surprise appearance at Coachella where Selena Gomez happens to be hanging out with the Jenner sisters on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Britney Spears, Cindy Crawford and Vanessa Hudgens show their siblings some love on today's Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
Lady Gaga, Katy Perry, and Rita Ora all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite