Tyler Perry pens emotional foreword to self-help book
- Photo: Gregg DeGuire/WireImage1 of 6
- Photo: Kevan Brooks/AdMedia/Retna Ltd.2 of 6
- Photo: BT1/WENN3 of 6
- Photo: Jim Spellman/WireImage.com4 of 6
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP5 of 6
More Celeb News
- Earnings: Comcast Beats Profit Estimates, But NBCU Films DownMSNEntertainment 7/22/2014 6:33:00 AM
- GLAAD Finds Painfully Low LGBT Representation in 2013 Films, Gives Two Studios Failing GradesMSNEntertainment 7/22/2014 3:00:00 AM
- 12 Comic-Con Stars and Showrunners Share Insider Tips; Pick Convention Must-Dos and Don't MMSNEntertainment 7/22/2014 2:00:00 AM
- CBS Films Exec Shakeup: Terry Press Assumes Top Leadership Role, Wolfgang Hammer OutMSNEntertainment 7/22/2014 1:22:00 AM
- Woody Allen Talks His Life and Career in First Podcast AppearanceMSNEntertainment 7/22/2014 12:12:00 AM
- Earnings: Comcast Beats Profit Estimates, But NBCU Films Down
Actor Tyler Perry has written an emotional foreword to a book which aims to help men deal with the aftermath of sexual assault.
Perry, who was himself sexually abused as a child, penned the piece for a self-help book called "Joining Forces: Empowering Male Survivors to Thrive" by Dr. Howard Fradkin.
The actor/director, who did not receive a fee for his words, reveals he accepted the task to encourage other men and boys to speak out about their past and move on from the experience.
RELATED: Celebs who have done good deeds
In a post his Facebook.com page, he writes, "There [are] a lot of boys who have been abused and hurt... Most men never saying a word about it, just suffering in silence....
"I know that this is difficult to talk about or even acknowledge, especially for men. That's why I am so happy that Dr. Howard Fradkin has written a book called Joining Forces to help men who are adult survivors learn to cope, deal and most of all stop suffering in silence...
"I know the pain and the darkness and the shame that we as men can carry when these evil acts have been put upon us. But I also... know the peace and comfort that comes along with healing from the horror. Healing can start by reading this book."
See some of the cutest moments from Prince George's first year.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
Find out where the cast from "When Harry Met Sally" is today.Watch Video »
Take a look back at Prince William and Duchess Kate's cutest couple moments.Watch Video »
Let's check out some of Eva's tactics behind her baby bump secret on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Best B-Day Ever?
Selena Gomez celebrates her birthday early with a helicopter ride in Italy with new pal Cara Delevingne on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Gwen Stefani shares photos from behind the scenes of a photo shoot for her Harajuku brand on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTI Can't Trust Men
From Crowd Ignite