- Photo: Lester Cohen/WireImage.com1 of 6
- Photo: Jamie McCarthy/WireImage.com2 of 6
- Photo: Judy Eddy/WENN3 of 6
- Photo: Katy Winn/WENN4 of 6
- Photo: ABD/ZDS/WENN5 of 6
More Celeb News
- 'The East' Filmmakers Go From Dumpster-Diving to Sundance Darlings ... and Get a TMSNEntertainment 5/24/2013 3:43:13 PM
- WME Signs Departing Fox Exec Mike Darnell (Exclusive)MSNEntertainment 5/24/2013 2:11:54 PM
- Cannes: Critics All Over the Map on James Gray's 'Immigrant' but Love MarMSNEntertainment 5/24/2013 2:10:59 PM
- Blake Shelton heads home to Oklahoma to stage benefit gigMSNEntertainment 5/24/2013 2:02:40 PM
- 'Only God Forgives' Director Responds to Boos of His Ryan Gosling Thriller MSNEntertainment 5/24/2013 1:57:56 PM
- 'The East' Filmmakers Go From Dumpster-Diving to Sundance Darlings ... and Get a T
If Vanessa Hudgens had her way, the past would stay in the past.
After a third set of nude photos taken in 2007 surfaced online just last month, the 22-year-old actress opened up to the Los Angeles Times about the effect it has had on her career.
"It's just silly because I'm a very present person, and that's so in the past," Hudgens said. "The fact that somebody keeps bringing up the past is just selfish. I mean, it sucks. I already released a statement the first time it happened. It's just unfortunate that it keeps reminding people about the past and not the present."
Despite the unauthorized release of the photos, the "Sucker Punch" actress said she isn't afraid to flaunt her figure in risque costumes on film.
"A woman's body is a beautiful thing," she said. "There's no reason why we shouldn't, like, be our best in our costumes."
The actress, who split with Zac Efron, 23, in December 2010, credits "The Four Agreements," a self-help book penned by a New Age spiritualist, for helping her overcome the scandal.
"It has honestly changed me, almost," Hudgens said. "You really have to stay strong, because times get tough. Especially in this business. It's a dog-eat-dog world. There's so many amazing actresses who got taken advantage of. A lot of women get walked all over on by not standing up for themselves, and that's just not what I'm about. I'm figuring myself out now as a young adult more than I ever have. It's like my eyes are opening and I'm awakening to controlling my future."
RELATED ON WONDERWALL & MSN:
RELATED ON USMAGAZINE.COM:
- Party AnimalsCheck out some of Hollywood's biggest party animals.Watch Video »
- Carrie's ChangesSee how this country cutie has changed her looks over the years.Watch Video »
- Bikini BurnsFrom Kim Kardashian to Jessica Alba, see the worst celeb sunburns.Watch Video »
- Double TroubleFrom the Olsens to the Mowrys, see some of Hollywood's most famous twins.Watch Video »
From Videos of Wonderwall
From MSN Entertainment
From Crowd Ignite