Vanessa Hudgens: Nude Photo Scandal Still Haunts Me
- Photo: Lester Cohen/WireImage.com1 of 6
- Photo: Jamie McCarthy/WireImage.com2 of 6
- Photo: Judy Eddy/WENN3 of 6
- Photo: Katy Winn/WENN4 of 6
- Photo: ABD/ZDS/WENN5 of 6
More Celeb News
- Emmys 2014 Behind the Scenes: Zipping Up Glamour Girls With Fashion Captain Tara SwennenMSNEntertainment 8/22/2014 8:29:00 AM
- Fired Black Editor Sues People Magazine for DiscriminationMSNEntertainment 8/22/2014 8:18:00 AM
- Kathy Griffin to Minaj: I want a booty challengeMSNEntertainment 8/22/2014 8:07:09 AM
- 7 celebrity ice bucket challengesMSNEntertainment 8/22/2014 8:02:19 AM
- Teen Weeper 'If I Stay' Earns $1.1 Million at Thursday Night Box OfficeMSNEntertainment 8/22/2014 8:00:00 AM
- Emmys 2014 Behind the Scenes: Zipping Up Glamour Girls With Fashion Captain Tara Swennen
If Vanessa Hudgens had her way, the past would stay in the past.
After a third set of nude photos taken in 2007 surfaced online just last month, the 22-year-old actress opened up to the Los Angeles Times about the effect it has had on her career.
"It's just silly because I'm a very present person, and that's so in the past," Hudgens said. "The fact that somebody keeps bringing up the past is just selfish. I mean, it sucks. I already released a statement the first time it happened. It's just unfortunate that it keeps reminding people about the past and not the present."
Despite the unauthorized release of the photos, the "Sucker Punch" actress said she isn't afraid to flaunt her figure in risque costumes on film.
"A woman's body is a beautiful thing," she said. "There's no reason why we shouldn't, like, be our best in our costumes."
The actress, who split with Zac Efron, 23, in December 2010, credits "The Four Agreements," a self-help book penned by a New Age spiritualist, for helping her overcome the scandal.
"It has honestly changed me, almost," Hudgens said. "You really have to stay strong, because times get tough. Especially in this business. It's a dog-eat-dog world. There's so many amazing actresses who got taken advantage of. A lot of women get walked all over on by not standing up for themselves, and that's just not what I'm about. I'm figuring myself out now as a young adult more than I ever have. It's like my eyes are opening and I'm awakening to controlling my future."
RELATED ON WONDERWALL & MSN:
RELATED ON USMAGAZINE.COM:
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTBare Beauties
From Crowd Ignite