Vanessa Paradis: 'I don't have the recipe for happiness'
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage1 of 17
- Photo: Ryan/WENN2 of 17
- Photo: Promotional/USMagazine3 of 17
- Photo: Jeff Vespa/WireImage4 of 17
- Photo: Jonathan Short/Invision/AP5 of 17
- Photo: Ivan Sekretarev/Invision/AP6 of 17
- Photo: Jonathan Short/Invision/AP7 of 17
- Photo: Ivan Sekretarev/Invision/AP8 of 17
- Photo: RHA/ZOB/WENN9 of 17
- Photo: Eric Charbonneau/WireImage10 of 17
- Photo: Can Nguyen/Capital Pictures/Retna Ltd.11 of 17
- Photo: Warner Bros. Peter Mountain/.12 of 17
- Photo: Peter Mountain/Disney/Promotional13 of 17
- Photo: Louie Angelo/WENN14 of 17
- Photo: Kiera Fyles/StarTraks15 of 17
- Photo: Lester Cohen/WireImage16 of 17
More Celeb News
- Scarlett Johansson's 'Lucy' Blasts Past The Rock's 'HerMSNEntertainment 7/26/2014 8:16:00 AM
- Sam Raimi Writing 'Evil Dead' TV Series That Will Include Bruce CampbellMSNEntertainment 7/25/2014 10:36:00 PM
- BuzzFeed Fires Writer Over Multiple Instances of PlagiarismMSNEntertainment 7/25/2014 9:31:00 PM
- Fox at Comic-Con: James Bond Is Whack, We're Making Movies With Balls (and Jokes)MSNEntertainment 7/25/2014 7:26:00 PM
- Sleepy Hollow Season 2: Is Ichabod a Gleek? MSNEntertainment 7/25/2014 7:21:00 PM
- Scarlett Johansson's 'Lucy' Blasts Past The Rock's 'Her
By Jon Warech
While promoting her latest film, "Cornouaille," Vanessa Paradis, the longtime partner of Johnny Depp, opened up to French Elle magazine about her split from the eccentric actor ... but not before saying she wasn't interested in discussing her personal life.
"I don't want to talk about him," she said. "Who said that artists should sell their soul, expose everything about themselves? … It's my duty to promote this movie, and my albums, but can you imagine what it feels like to see people making a business out of your pain. What's happened to us is our concern."
RELATED: Fashion Face-Off: Depp vs. RDJ
But as the interview went on, Paradis, 39, opened up just enough to reveal her thoughts on their 14-year relationship coming to an end.
RELATED: Long-Lasting Couples
"I don't have the recipe for happiness, but I think the engine is simply having the desire," she said. "It's not feeling obliged or forced or repeating yourself."
"I hate, for example, whenever you hear someone say: 'You have work at being a couple,'" she continues. "No, you have to want to be there. And for me, I want to be right where I am right now.'"
Days prior to the split being announced, Paradis hinted at heartache in another interview.
Paradis told Harper's Bazaar magazine, "Love is the strongest and most fragile thing we have in life. Nothing is ever for sure, but when something in love doesn't work from the beginning, it's never going to work. Don't push it."
The former couple have two children, Lily-Rose, 14, and Jack, 10.
Chrissy Teigen, Katy Perry and Lady Gaga spotlight their pooches on today's Celeb Gone Social.Watch Video »
Find out which stars attended Jennifer Lopez's birthday celebration on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Best B-Day Ever?
Selena Gomez celebrates her birthday early with a helicopter ride in Italy with new pal Cara Delevingne on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Selena Gomez, Zoe Saldana, and Maggie Gyllenhaal all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Get the scoop on Naya Rivera's wacky wedding on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Gwen Stefani shares photos from behind the scenes of a photo shoot for her Harajuku brand on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTDown-low Romance
From Crowd Ignite