Viola Davis Met Spouse Julius Tennon Three Weeks After Praying for a Husband
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP1 of 19
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage2 of 19
- Photo: Dan Steinberg/Invision/AP3 of 19
- Photo: Kris Connor/Getty Images North America4 of 19
- Photo: FayesVision/WENN5 of 19
- Photo: Alexandra Wyman/WireImage6 of 19
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage7 of 19
- Photo: Gregg DeGuire/WireImage8 of 19
- Photo: Gregg DeGuire/WireImage9 of 19
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP10 of 19
- Photo: AB1/WENN11 of 19
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP12 of 19
- Photo: Mark J. Terrill/Invision/AP13 of 19
- Photo: Jason Merritt/WireImage14 of 19
- Photo: Dan Steinberg/Invision/AP15 of 19
- Photo: Splash News16 of 19
- Photo: Splash News17 of 19
- Photo: Lester Cohen/WireImage18 of 19
More Celeb News
- Disney to Make Chinese Co-Productions With Shanghai Media GroupMSNEntertainment 3/6/2014 4:37:00 PM
- Managers Call SAG-AFTRA's Code of Ethics 'DOA' After SurveyMSNEntertainment 3/6/2014 4:31:00 PM
- FX's 'Archer' Renewed for 2 More SeasonsMSNEntertainment 3/6/2014 4:06:00 PM
- Insiders: Andrew Garfield Rewrote Batkid Oscars Speech, Thought Segment Was ExploitativeMSNEntertainment 3/6/2014 3:54:00 PM
- CW's Uncensored 'Reign' Sex Scenes Are 'Appalling,' SayMSNEntertainment 3/6/2014 3:22:00 PM
- Disney to Make Chinese Co-Productions With Shanghai Media Group
Julius Tennon is the man of Viola Davis' dreams! At the Cinema Society and Dior Beauty screening of "Beautiful Creatures" in New York on Feb. 11, the 47-year-old actress revealed how the actor and former college football player came into her life.
"I was the loneliest woman in the world, and someone said, 'You should just pray for a husband," Davis told the New York Post's Page Six of life as a single woman in the early 2000s. Taking her friend's advice, Davis added, "I said I wanted a big black man from the South who looked like a football player, who already had children, who maybe had been married before. Three and a half weeks later, I met my husband."
The pair shared a scene on the television show "City of Angels." "He was the anesthesiologist, Dr. Holly, and I was Nurse Lannett," Davis told Us Weekly. "We were passing blood in a scene. He knew how lonely I was. I was out in L.A. and I hated it and he said, 'I'll show you around Los Angeles. I'll show you around the Santa Monica pier.'"
The couple will celebrate their tenth wedding anniversary on June 23. "We've been together thirteen years, and from the first day, it was magic," Davis gushed. Tennon certainly agrees, telling Us, "She's the sweetest woman. It's so great to see her be all of who she is. That's what I love about her."
Tennon, who has two sons from previous relationships, also praised "The Help" star for being a "great mom" to their 2-year-old daughter, Genesis, whom they adopted in October 2011. "Sometimes she doesn't think she is, but she's wonderful," he gushed. "Nobody's perfect, and I raised two kids by myself before I met my wife. I was a single father with two children for 17 years, and my wife is doing an amazing job."
Motherhood is more fulfilling than Davis ever imagined. "Everything falls into place," the star told Us. "My whole purpose in life has changed now, and that's really hard for an actor. Before that it was about me. Now it's gone."
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
Take a look back at Prince William and Duchess Kate's cutest couple moments.Watch Video »
Check out the many ways that Britney Spears is looking better than ever.Watch Video »
Where are they?
See where the cast of "Cruel Intentions" is today.Watch Video »
Star Inspired Ink
From Ryan Cabrera to Megan Fox, see celebs who've gotten tattoos of other stars.Watch Video »
Ladies Who Cook
Find out where Drew Barrymore and Reese Witherspoon are and what they're doing on their latest "girl's trip" on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Sofia Vergara poses in a revealing neon bikini while her "Modern Family" castmates hit the beach in Australia on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite