Wahlberg brothers pay for NY company's burger name
- Photo: Peter Kramer/Invision/AP1 of 16
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage.com2 of 16
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Wonderwall3 of 16
- Photo: Owen Beiny/WENN4 of 16
- Photo: LRC/ZOJ/WENN5 of 16
- Photo: Peter Kramer/Invision/AP6 of 16
- Photo: AB1/WENN7 of 16
- Photo: Adriana M. Barraza/WENN8 of 16
- Photo: COKE WHITWORTH/Invision/AP9 of 16
- Photo: ANDREW MEDICHINI/Invision/AP10 of 16
- Photo: Theo Wargo/WireImage.com11 of 16
- Photo: RICK MAIMAN/Invision/AP12 of 16
- Photo: Barry King/WireImage13 of 16
- Photo: Barry King/WireImage14 of 16
- Photo: Warner Bros.15 of 16
More Celeb News
- Disney In Talks to Buy Maker Studios for $500M+MSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 11:08:00 AM
- Pantelion Films Taps Auri Maruri as Director of Production and DevelopmentMSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 11:06:00 AM
- 'House of Cards' Ben Daniels Joins Starz Drama 'Flesh and Bone'MSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 11:05:00 AM
- Chase Carey Calls Fox TV Ratings 'A Little Disappointing'MSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 11:01:00 AM
- Spike Lee to attend Roger Ebert film festivalMSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 10:48:14 AM
- Disney In Talks to Buy Maker Studios for $500M+
ROCHESTER, N.Y. (AP) — Actor brothers Donnie and Mark Wahlberg have licensed the name of a hamburger from a western New York chain of drive-in-style restaurants and plan to use the name for their new eatery.
RELATED: 2011 Teen Choice Awards
Executives with Tom Wahl's tell the Democrat and Chronicle newspaper that the brothers from Boston have licensed the Wahlburger name from the company so they can use it when they and another sibling, Paul, open a burger joint named Wahlburgers Restaurant in their hometown. Tom Wahl's serves a cheeseburger called a Wahlburger and owns the federal trademark rights to the name.
Tom Wahl and his brother Bill opened the first Tom Wahl's restaurant in Avon, south of Rochester, in 1955. The chain now operates eight restaurants.
RELATED: Mark Walberg Turns 40!
The company hasn't disclosed the amount of the licensing agreement.
Find out what Oscar winners Jared Leto and Lupita Nyong’o have been up to since the Academy Awards on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
The Rock flexes massive muscle while getting sentimental on Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
From Mila Kunis to Mary-Kate Olsen, get the scoop on all the engagements in Hollywood on Replay.Watch Video »
Nicole Richie debuts a lavender hair color on Instagram on Celebs Gone Social. What does Kelly Osbourne have to do with it?Watch Video »
Ladies Who Cook
Find out where Drew Barrymore and Reese Witherspoon are and what they're doing on their latest "girl's trip" on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Rihanna, Katy Perry, and Heidi Klum all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite