Mark Wahlberg takes his children to watch tattoo removal
- Photo: Owen Beiny/WENN1 of 12
- Photo: Jim Spellman/WireImage2 of 12
- Photo: ANDREW MEDICHINI/Invision/AP3 of 12
- Photo: Adriana M. Barraza/WENN4 of 12
- Photo: LRC/ZOJ/WENN5 of 12
- Photo: AB1/WENN6 of 12
- Photo: Splash News7 of 12
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage.com8 of 12
- Photo: Allan Bregg/Splash News9 of 12
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage10 of 12
- Photo: BSA/ZOJ/WENN11 of 12
More Celeb News
- Jackie Chan 'Ashamed,' 'Heartbroken' Over Son's Arrest MSNEntertainment 8/20/2014 11:38:00 AM
- Mark Burnett and Roma Downey's 'Dovekeepers' Casts 'Manhattan&amMSNEntertainment 8/20/2014 11:30:00 AM
- Nicki Minaj, Ariana Grande and Jessie J to Open MTV VMAsMSNEntertainment 8/20/2014 10:59:00 AM
- 'Top Chef' Season 12 to Premiere in OctoberMSNEntertainment 8/20/2014 10:48:00 AM
- Bill Murray Comedy 'Rock the Kasbah' Gets Release DateMSNEntertainment 8/20/2014 10:32:00 AM
- Jackie Chan 'Ashamed,' 'Heartbroken' Over Son's Arrest
Mark Wahlberg took his kids to watch his tattoo removal session in a bid to dissuade them from indulging in body art.
RELATED: Celebrity Tattoos Gone Bad
The actor decided to get rid of his "six or seven" inkings before he started shooting boxing movie "The Fighter" in 2010 to avoid sitting in the make-up chair for hours having them covered them up.
The actor decided to take his two eldest children along with him to watch the painful removal process in a bid to make sure they stay away from tattoos in the future.
RELATED: Bing: Celebrity Tattoos
He tells the "Today" show, "(All the tattoos) have meaning to me, but it's both personal and professional. I don't want my kids getting tattoos. And I wanted them to be (removed) by the time I did 'The Fighter' because putting make-up on and covering them up has always been a pain in the butt. I've taken my two older kids to the procedure so they see how painful it is and what I have to go through."
RELATED: Guess the Celeb Tattoo
Check out Jessica Alba's baseball skills on today's Celebs Gone Social, hosted by Wonderwall Editor Jessica Wedemeyer.Watch Video »
Hot and Cold
Watch Hilary Duff and more stars take the ice bucket challenge on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out some of the most memorable Emmy fashion from over the years.Watch Video »
Check out the stunning photos Alessandra Ambrosio shared of her Hawaiian vacation with her daughter on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Kourtney Kardashian to Mila Kunis, check out some of the best chic maternity wear celebs are sporting this summer.Watch Video »
From Kim Kardashian to Jessica Biel, see what your favorite celebs look like sans makeup.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
From Crowd Ignite