Mark Wahlberg takes his children to watch tattoo removal
- Photo: Owen Beiny/WENN1 of 12
- Photo: Jim Spellman/WireImage2 of 12
- Photo: ANDREW MEDICHINI/Invision/AP3 of 12
- Photo: Adriana M. Barraza/WENN4 of 12
- Photo: LRC/ZOJ/WENN5 of 12
- Photo: AB1/WENN6 of 12
- Photo: Splash News7 of 12
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage.com8 of 12
- Photo: Allan Bregg/Splash News9 of 12
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage10 of 12
- Photo: BSA/ZOJ/WENN11 of 12
More Celeb News
- From "Sassenach" to Time Travel! Everything You Need to Know About Starz'MSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 4:48:00 PM
- ABC's 'The Quest' Producers Reveal How They Found HeroesMSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 4:26:00 PM
- Sharknado 2 Sets Record With Nearly 4 Million ViewersMSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 4:04:00 PM
- Javier Bardem clarifies comments in open letter about Middle East conflictMSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 3:43:00 PM
- Netflix Revives The Killing For One Last CaseMSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 3:14:00 PM
- From "Sassenach" to Time Travel! Everything You Need to Know About Starz'
Mark Wahlberg took his kids to watch his tattoo removal session in a bid to dissuade them from indulging in body art.
RELATED: Celebrity Tattoos Gone Bad
The actor decided to get rid of his "six or seven" inkings before he started shooting boxing movie "The Fighter" in 2010 to avoid sitting in the make-up chair for hours having them covered them up.
The actor decided to take his two eldest children along with him to watch the painful removal process in a bid to make sure they stay away from tattoos in the future.
RELATED: Bing: Celebrity Tattoos
He tells the "Today" show, "(All the tattoos) have meaning to me, but it's both personal and professional. I don't want my kids getting tattoos. And I wanted them to be (removed) by the time I did 'The Fighter' because putting make-up on and covering them up has always been a pain in the butt. I've taken my two older kids to the procedure so they see how painful it is and what I have to go through."
RELATED: Guess the Celeb Tattoo
Where Are They?
It's been 20 years since "Jurassic Park" came out. See what the cast of the movie is up to these days.Watch Video »
Check out Jessica Alba, Reese Witherspoon, and more stars who recycle their wardrobes.Watch Video »
From Benji Madden and Cameron Diaz to Mariah Carey and Nick Cannon, take a look at some of Hollywood's strangest couples.Watch Video »
Check out some of January Jones' most retro wardrobe choices from over the years.Watch Video »
See how Angelina Jolie's looks have changed over the years.Watch Video »
Where'd He Go?
Find out what happened to the stars of 'Garden State' after they made the hit indie film.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTSmooch Central
From Crowd Ignite