Website: Bullock is divorcing James, adopting baby
- Photo: People.com/Promotional1 of 12
- Photo: Deano/Splash News2 of 12
- Photo: Splash News3 of 12
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage.com4 of 12
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage.com5 of 12
- Photo: J. Shearer/WireImage.com6 of 12
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage.com7 of 12
- Photo: SGranitz/WireImage.com8 of 12
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP9 of 12
- Photo: Peter Kramer/KRAPE10 of 12
- Photo: London Ent / Splash News/Splash News11 of 12
More Celeb News
- R. Kelly Performs Song He Wrote for Nelson Mandela on 'Arsenio' (Video)MSNEntertainment 12/6/2013 5:09:35 PM
- 'The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug' Review: Peter Jackson's Second VersMSNEntertainment 12/6/2013 5:03:45 PM
- Fox Sports 1 Scores Best Ratings Week Since August LaunchMSNEntertainment 12/6/2013 4:44:04 PM
- New York Post Settles Racial and Sexual Discrimination LawsuitMSNEntertainment 12/6/2013 4:30:51 PM
- 'American Hustle' Cast To Be Honored by Palm Springs FestMSNEntertainment 12/6/2013 4:20:58 PM
- R. Kelly Performs Song He Wrote for Nelson Mandela on 'Arsenio' (Video)
NEW YORK (AP) -- Sandra Bullock has filed for divorce from her husband, Jesse James, and is adopting a baby boy as a single parent, a story posted Wednesday on People magazine's website said.
"Yes, I have filed for divorce," the 45-year-old Oscar-winning actress said in an interview. "I'm sad and I am scared."
RELATED VIDEO: No bitterness between Bullock & James?
Bullock and James, 41, began the adoption process four years ago, the report said, and brought 3 1/2-month-old Louis Bardo Bullock home in January but decided to keep the news to themselves until after the Oscars. The baby was born in New Orleans, the story said.
James and Bullock separated in March after five years of marriage, following reports that James had been unfaithful.
Bullock won the Oscar for best actress for her role in the blockbuster hit "The Blind Side" on March 7. Within days of her win, the cheating allegations became public and Bullock went into seclusion.
The motorcycle mogul publicly apologized to Bullock and his children, Sunny, 6; Jesse Jr., 12; and Chandler, 15.
RELATED VIDEO: Bullock reveals divorce, adopted son
He recently returned home after a 30-day stay in a treatment facility where he sought help for "personal issues," the story on People's website said.
RELATED: See more photos of Sandra
When asked about whether James had cheated, Bullock said she "had no idea about anything."
"I did the only thing I could do, and that was to pack enough clothes to live on, get all of Louis' things and get out of town. My main concern was Louis."
Bullock didn't discuss details of the adoption to protect her son's privacy.
When asked whether James will have any formal parenting role, she replied: "I will be adopting as a single parent. Anything else will be taken day by day."
She said of her relationship with Jesse's three children: "I don't want to know what life is like without those kids. ... Whatever we need to do, in the healthiest way, we are going to be co-parenting."
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTBFF For Life
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite