- Photo: Rimmel/Retna Digital1 of 9
- Photo: Rimmel/Promotional2 of 9
- Photo: AXELLE WOUSSEN/Bauer-Griffin3 of 9
- Photo: Robb D. Cohen/Retna Ltd.4 of 9
- Photo: Danny Moloshok/Invision/AP5 of 9
- Photo: Calle Mayor/Retna Digital6 of 9
- Photo: Retna Digital7 of 9
- Photo: Armando Gallo/Retna Ltd.8 of 9
More Celeb News
- Christian Bale, Bradley Cooper Are Ruining the Country in 'American Hustle' Clip (MSNEntertainment 12/5/2013 4:39:51 PM
- How Oscar Isaac's Career Fallback Landed Him 'Inside Llewyn Davis'MSNEntertainment 12/5/2013 4:30:24 PM
- Nelson Mandela Death: The Anti-Apartheid Freedom Fighter's Life in Pictures (Photos)MSNEntertainment 12/5/2013 4:25:02 PM
- The Antichrist Is Coming in New 'Devil's Due' Trailer (Video)MSNEntertainment 12/5/2013 4:14:38 PM
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Star Ian Harding to Play Drug Addict in 'Dynamite: MSNEntertainment 12/5/2013 3:26:12 PM
- Christian Bale, Bradley Cooper Are Ruining the Country in 'American Hustle' Clip (
By Kat Giantis
Who knew lipstick could have such a transformative effect on one's face? Behold Zooey Deschanel's lovely visage with and without a heavy-duty slathering of Rimmel Lasting Finish lipstick. On the left, the actress-singer poses in a print ad for the British cosmetics giant; on the right, Zooey goes for a more au naturel look on the red carpet.
Notice a difference?
You're not the only one. The Interwebs have been buzzing over the seemingly extreme Photoshop makeover given to the pie-cute, doll-faced "(500) Days of Summer" star, whose eye area, nose, lips, jawline and cheeks all appear to have gone under the digital knife.
"What's the use of using a famous face and than Photoshopping it until it becomes unrecognizable?" observed one commenter, while another zinged, "Who is that anime character?"
E! Online straightforwardly asked "What Happened to Zooey Deschanel's Face?!" when it wrote about the apparent retouching, adding a "WTF?!" for good measure.
That didn't sit well with the star-cum-She & Him frontwoman.
"Um... what happened to YOUR face, eonline?" a miffed Zooey tweeted in response. "RUDE!!!"
What do you think? Did Rimmel go too far with Zooey's mug makeover? And which Zooey do you prefer? (Personally, we like made-under Zooey, no question.) Tell us in the comments!
Like us on Facebook?
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite