- Photo: Rimmel/Retna Digital1 of 9
- Photo: Rimmel/Promotional2 of 9
- Photo: AXELLE WOUSSEN/Bauer-Griffin3 of 9
- Photo: Robb D. Cohen/Retna Ltd.4 of 9
- Photo: Danny Moloshok/Invision/AP5 of 9
- Photo: Calle Mayor/Retna Digital6 of 9
- Photo: Retna Digital7 of 9
- Photo: Armando Gallo/Retna Ltd.8 of 9
More Celeb News
- Join 'Veep' Star Tony Hale for Live Emmy Nominee Q&AMSNEntertainment 7/28/2014 2:09:00 PM
- The Black List Brings Back Cassian Elwes Independent Screenwriting FellowshipMSNEntertainment 7/28/2014 1:08:00 PM
- Suspect Featured on John Walsh's CNN's Show 'The Hunt' Killed DuMSNEntertainment 7/28/2014 1:06:00 PM
- Jay Leno Returning to NBC as 'Last Comic Standing' MentorMSNEntertainment 7/28/2014 12:41:00 PM
- Why Scarlett Johansson's 'Lucy' Strikes Blow for Women With Kick-Butt BoxMSNEntertainment 7/28/2014 12:13:00 PM
- Join 'Veep' Star Tony Hale for Live Emmy Nominee Q&A
By Kat Giantis
Who knew lipstick could have such a transformative effect on one's face? Behold Zooey Deschanel's lovely visage with and without a heavy-duty slathering of Rimmel Lasting Finish lipstick. On the left, the actress-singer poses in a print ad for the British cosmetics giant; on the right, Zooey goes for a more au naturel look on the red carpet.
Notice a difference?
You're not the only one. The Interwebs have been buzzing over the seemingly extreme Photoshop makeover given to the pie-cute, doll-faced "(500) Days of Summer" star, whose eye area, nose, lips, jawline and cheeks all appear to have gone under the digital knife.
"What's the use of using a famous face and than Photoshopping it until it becomes unrecognizable?" observed one commenter, while another zinged, "Who is that anime character?"
E! Online straightforwardly asked "What Happened to Zooey Deschanel's Face?!" when it wrote about the apparent retouching, adding a "WTF?!" for good measure.
That didn't sit well with the star-cum-She & Him frontwoman.
"Um... what happened to YOUR face, eonline?" a miffed Zooey tweeted in response. "RUDE!!!"
What do you think? Did Rimmel go too far with Zooey's mug makeover? And which Zooey do you prefer? (Personally, we like made-under Zooey, no question.) Tell us in the comments!
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTWeek in Photos
From Crowd Ignite