- Photo: JRAB/RRAB/ZOB/ZDS/WENN1 of 14
- Photo: Promotional2 of 14
- Photo: Promotional3 of 14
- Photo: Promotional4 of 14
- Photo: BT1/WENN5 of 14
- Photo: Clint Brewer/Splash News6 of 14
- Photo: Anthony Dixon/WENN7 of 14
- Photo: Promotional8 of 14
- Photo: Warner Bros./Promotional9 of 14
- Photo: McD22/Flickr/Wireimage/Invision/AP10 of 14
- Photo: Beastie Boys/Promotional11 of 14
- Photo: Clint Brewer/Splash News12 of 14
- Photo: Cheryl Gerber/Invision/AP13 of 14
More Celeb News
- An 86-year-old Utah woman writes romance novelMSNEntertainment 8/20/2014 4:50:09 AM
- Jackie Chan expressed shame over son's drug arrestMSNEntertainment 8/20/2014 4:42:39 AM
- Turner Plans Organizational Restructuring in Next Two MonthsMSNEntertainment 8/19/2014 9:03:00 PM
- 'Sin City: A Dame to Kill For' Premiere to Feature Live 3D Red Carpet BroadcastMSNEntertainment 8/19/2014 8:40:00 PM
- NFL's Super Bowl Halftime Show to Katy Perry, Rihanna and Coldplay: Show Me the Money!MSNEntertainment 8/19/2014 7:25:00 PM
- An 86-year-old Utah woman writes romance novel
Elijah Wood, or as most know him, Master Frodo, is best known for his work in "The Lord of the Rings," but the actor has a secret hobby: deejay. He took to the turntables on Tuesday night in Los Angeles at the launch of Bushmills' "Since Way Back" L.A. campaign, a night dedicated to celebrating old friends and new creative ventures. In between sipping whiskey and getting down behind the DJ booth, Wonderwall caught up with the actor -- who will begin filming "The Hobbit" later this month -- about his love of spinning and why he'd love to work with Kate Winslet.
Wonderwall: Why did a partnership with Bushmills appeal to you?
Elijah Wood: It is about a group of friends. It's not about a guest celebrity endorsement of this particular alcohol brand; it's about that person and his three or four or more friends and what their relationship is and what their experience is. That spoke to me because my friendships are extremely important to me. There was also an element of it that included the various other things I do with music and other creative ventures.
WW: Speaking of music, you're a DJ now! Are we going to start seeing more events with you in the DJ booth?
EW: I've always just loved music. I've been doing it for a while now, and I just think people are just now starting to notice. I have started to take myself more seriously as a DJ, but it's just fun.
WW: So no career change as of now?
EW: [laughs] No, not as of now.
WW: It was mentioned that we can expect some "upcoming content" including custom pieces of music and art developed by each group. Any Bushmills-exclusive Elijah Wood acting to anticipate in the near future?
EW: Ah yes. I think it will be a collaboration between a few of us, and it'll probably be music focused.
WW: The Bushmills' campaign, "Since Way Back" seems to focus on primarily male figures in the arts and fashion scene. If you had to pick, who would your top female artist be to join the ranks?
EW: There are so many! I guess the first that jumps to my mind is Kate Winslet. I think what she is doing is so important. She's just incredible and full of integrity for her work, a great actress. And bringing attention to the whole woman's body image thing is so important. I just think that with body image and what's being put out there about what's pretty and what's not, it's just so skewed.
Check out Jessica Alba's baseball skills on today's Celebs Gone Social, hosted by Wonderwall Editor Jessica Wedemeyer.Watch Video »
Check out some of the most memorable Emmy fashion from over the years.Watch Video »
From Kourtney Kardashian to Mila Kunis, check out some of the best chic maternity wear celebs are sporting this summer.Watch Video »
Hot and Cold
Watch Hilary Duff and more stars take the ice bucket challenge on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Kim Kardashian to Jessica Biel, see what your favorite celebs look like sans makeup.Watch Video »
Check out the stars that spent the most on their weddings.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTWeek In Photos
From Crowd Ignite