Will Smith Embarrassed by Son's Alien Question to Barack Obama
- Photo: BSPSyndication/NPG1 of 6
- Photo: FOTO ZICK/StarTraks2 of 6
- Photo: Keypix/Splash News3 of 6
- Photo: Max Powell/PacificCoastNews.com4 of 6
- Photo: Amblin Entertainment/Promotional5 of 6
More Celeb News
- NBC Promotes Jenny Groom to Senior Vice President, Alternative Programming and DevelopmentMSNEntertainment 8/27/2014 4:31:00 PM
- Bryan Singer Accuser Michael Egan Drops Sex Abuse LawsuitMSNEntertainment 8/27/2014 3:40:00 PM
- Pivot Network Now Available on College Streaming Service PhiloMSNEntertainment 8/27/2014 3:31:00 PM
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Summer Finale Attracts 2.3 Million ViewersMSNEntertainment 8/27/2014 3:14:00 PM
- Chiller 'As Above, So Below' Tries to Put Scare Into 'Guardians'MSNEntertainment 8/27/2014 2:53:00 PM
- NBC Promotes Jenny Groom to Senior Vice President, Alternative Programming and Development
Will Smith was left red-faced after his son asked U.S. President Barack Obama if aliens are real during a visit to the White House.
Smith banned his son Jaden from asking the extra-terrestrial question ahead of a guided tour of the President's home with his family, but the cheeky 13-year-old actor couldn't resist defying his dad.
The youngster popped the question as Obama showed the family around the "situation room," where the president holds meetings during a crisis, and the U.S. leader was happy to answer him.
Smith tells BBC Radio 1 host Chris Moyles, "The night before Jaden had said to me, 'Dad, I gotta ask the president about the aliens,' and I'm like, 'Dude, no, it's not cool. It's embarrassing. Do not ask the president!' So we get into the "situation room" and Jaden gets the look in his eyes and he leans over to me and asks, 'Dad, What's my punishment?'
"And Barack is starting to talk about this "situation room" and Jaden says, 'Excuse me Mr. President?' and I'm like, 'Hey, Barack man, listen?' and Barack said, 'Don't tell me.' And in perfect form, and this is why he is the president, he stopped and looked at Jaden and said, 'The aliens, right? OK, I can neither confirm nor deny the existence of extra-terrestrials but I can tell you if there had been a top secret meeting and if there would have been a discussion about it, it would have taken place in this room.'"
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Get the scoop on Bradley Bayou's dress design that Oprah wore to the Emmy Awards.Watch Video »
Beyonce does her best to prove that her family life is just perfect on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
The guys from Rascal Flatts talk with Wonderwall editor Jessica Herndon about life on tour, crazy fan encounters and more.Watch Video »
Jennifer Lopez reunites with Casper Smart, plus more famous friendly exes on Replay, hosted by Wonderwall's Jessica Wedemeyer.Watch Video »
Check out Kaley Cuoco's cutest canine-centric posts on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Golden Globe Style
Cojo predicts the trends for the 2010 Golden Globes.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTPup Power
From Crowd Ignite