Winona Ryder looks ageless on V Magazine cover
- Photo: V magazine/Promotional1 of 11
- Photo: Rex USA2 of 11
- Photo: Andy Kropa/Invision/Invision/AP3 of 11
- Photo: Todd Williamson/Invision for Millennium/AP/Invision/AP4 of 11
- Photo: Barcroft/Fame Flynet5 of 11
- Photo: Dave Allocca/StarTraks6 of 11
- Photo: Daniel Tanner/WENN7 of 11
- Photo: Arthur Mola/Invision/AP8 of 11
- Photo: ZCVA/WENN9 of 11
- Photo: CONTRAST/StarTraks10 of 11
More Celeb News
- Allison Williams headed skyward as NBC's Peter PanMSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 7:17:10 AM
- Ventura: Mixed emotions about defamation suit winMSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 6:53:17 AM
- Rabe, Wolcott, Bidart among winners of PEN awardsMSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 6:06:25 AM
- Watch This Tonight: Sharknado 2MSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 5:49:00 AM
- What's a group selfie? Usie (pronounced uss-ee)MSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 5:22:22 AM
- Allison Williams headed skyward as NBC's Peter Pan
Wino(na) forever! Nearly three decades after making her debut opposite the late Corey Haim in the 1986 movie "Lucas," Winona Ryder is as captivating as ever, both onscreen and off. Snapped by famed photographer Mario Testino for the cover of V Magazine's Winter 2013/14 issue, the 42-year-old actress looks ageless and edgy in a black, biker-inspired ensemble styled by Carlyne Cerf de Dudzeele.
Though the "Heathers" star has worked relatively steadily over the last 27 years -- with credits in "Black Swan" and "Frankenweenie," among other films -- the roles she's taken recently have been lower-profile parts than those she was known for in the 1980s and '90s. Her next movie is already getting some buzz, though; in November, she'll be seen alongside Jason Statham, James Franco, and Kate Bosworth in the action-thriller "Homefront."
"There's a slightly camp, arm-candy element to her that appealed to me," Ryder tells V Magazine of her character, who sells crystal meth and rides motorcycles. "She's such a complete chick. She's what you think of when you hear the words 'biker chick.'"
In real life, the two-time Oscar nominee is far less diabolical. But she can be very convincing onscreen -- so convincing, in fact, that she was once dropped from a film because the director was so rattled by her performance in "Heathers."
"I was fired once from a movie because I did 'Heathers!' I was cast in a movie and the director saw an advance screening and was offended by it and fired me," she reveals to the mag. "It wasn't until years later that [the film] became more appreciated."
Ryder also shares a story with V about dropping out of Kenilworth Junior High School after being gay-bashed by a group of bullies who mistook her for a boy. "The lore! That did happen," she confirms. "I was obsessed with Bugsy Malone and had cut my hair short. I remember the halls were empty and these kids started shouting 'f-ggot.'"
After that incident, the star was homeschooled, which eventually paved the way for her acting career. "It's almost weird fate that it happened that way," she muses.
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Where Are They?
It's been 20 years since "Jurassic Park" came out. See what the cast of the movie is up to these days.Watch Video »
Joe Manganiello parties with new love Sofia Vergara and her family in Miami on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Selena Gomez, Zoe Saldana, and Maggie Gyllenhaal all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Check out some of January Jones' most retro wardrobe choices from over the years.Watch Video »
Find out which stars attended Jennifer Lopez's birthday celebration on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Gisele Bundchen to Channing Tatum, see which celebs introduced their babies on social media on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTBye Baby Bump
From Crowd Ignite