- Photo: Charles Sykes/AP1 of 6
- Photo: Promotional2 of 6
- Photo: MAP / Splash News/Splash News3 of 6
- Photo: Jeff Vespa/WireImage.com4 of 6
- Photo: Retna Digital5 of 6
More Celeb News
- ABC's 'Revenge' Ups Gretchen Berg, Aaron Harberts to Executive ProducersMSNEntertainment 5/21/2013 5:08:58 PM
- Carole King Hits D.C. for Gershwin Salute MSNEntertainment 5/21/2013 5:03:12 PM
- Zac Efron Will Get Busted With Cocaine in Fox's 'Narc'MSNEntertainment 5/21/2013 5:00:27 PM
- Universal's 'Endless Love' Hitting Theaters on Valentine's DayMSNEntertainment 5/21/2013 4:47:06 PM
- TLC's 'Little Couple' Preview: A Crash Course in Parenting (Exclusive VidMSNEntertainment 5/21/2013 4:21:51 PM
- ABC's 'Revenge' Ups Gretchen Berg, Aaron Harberts to Executive Producers
Deny it all you want, Jason Bateman.
After two sources confirmed to USmagazine.com the actor, 41, outraged more than 2,000 people by cutting in line for an iPhone 4 last week, he wrote on Twitter, "There wasn't one boo. Not one hiss. The Apple guy brought me in away from the paparazzi. Period. I was content in line. I wish I'd stayed."
But more eyewitnesses have come forward to back up Us' report that he was escorted by employees into the store. And there was, at most, one photographer "who kept a respectful distance," customer Andrew Hamer tells Us.
"It was so much drama! It was the most surreal experience. People were so pissed because that line was ridiculous," adds Angela Mayhew, who was one of the first people in line who arrived at 3:30 A.M.
Mayhew tells Us that Bateman arrived to the L.A. Apple store around 4:45 A.M., and initially waited "like everybody else." But around 10 A.M., he was escorted inside first.
"I heard commotion in the back. I thought someone was fighting," says Mayhew. "Then he strolls right on by with the Genius Bar guys and suddenly people in my area started to yell, 'What the hell is going on?'" (Hamer says Community actor Donald Glover saw Bateman getting walked in and "tried to get the same special treatment, but [employees] told him, 'Nope! Sorry!'")
Bateman's pal Keith Olbermann came to his defense on his MSNBC show, saying those in line were booing at paparazzi, but Mayhew insists they were yelling "at him!"
"It was loud, passive-aggressive anger. There was a chorus of boos and then people shouting, 'What?' and 'We've been here for hours!' We were patiently waiting before then [and] that just made everyone's blood boil," adds Mayhew. "Plus, people starting yelling at the Apple guys too. They escorted him like he was a pretty big deal."
Mayhew sat next to Bateman as the Apple employees personally transferred over his contacts to his new phone. "Then when he was done, he was out of there in a flash," she fumed to Us.
RELATED ON WONDERWALL:
RELATED ON USMAGAZINE.COM:
- Party AnimalsCheck out some of Hollywood's biggest party animals.Watch Video »
- Carrie's ChangesSee how this country cutie has changed her looks over the years.Watch Video »
- Bikini BurnsFrom Kim Kardashian to Jessica Alba, see the worst celeb sunburns.Watch Video »
- Double TroubleFrom the Olsens to the Mowrys, see some of Hollywood's most famous twins.Watch Video »
- Country CutiesCheck out the hottest couples in country music.Watch Video »
- Crazy QuotesCheck out some of Gwyneth Paltrow's craziest quotes.Watch Video »
From Videos of Wonderwall
From MSN Entertainment
From Crowd Ignite