Woody Allen: Lindsay Lohan Is a 'Very Talented Girl'
- Photo: Paul J. Froggatt/Fame Flynet1 of 16
- Photo: Jean Catuffe/PacificCoastNews.com2 of 16
- Photo: JD/Fame Flynet3 of 16
- Photo: ZGLR/WENN4 of 16
- Photo: BSA/ZOJ/WENN5 of 16
- Photo: GEVA HGVC/GSI6 of 16
- Photo: GEVA HGVC/GSI7 of 16
- Photo: GEVA HGVC/GSI8 of 16
- Photo: Miguel/CPR/Fame Flynet9 of 16
- Photo: Pedro Andrade/PacificCoastNews.com10 of 16
- Photo: Walt Disney/Promotional11 of 16
- Photo: Walt Disney/Promotional12 of 16
- Photo: Brian To/WENN13 of 16
- Photo: WENN/Retna Digital14 of 16
- Photo: Mr. Blue/WENN15 of 16
More Celeb News
- Meg Ryan Joins the Cast of How I Met Your DadMSNEntertainment 4/23/2014 4:47:00 PM
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus Gets It On with a Clown—On Camera—for GQMSNEntertainment 4/23/2014 3:40:00 PM
- Exclusive: Royal Pains Adds Alpha House Alum for Mysterious Recurring RoleMSNEntertainment 4/23/2014 2:31:00 PM
- Apple Revenue Climbs to $45.6 Billion Thanks to Strong iPhone SalesMSNEntertainment 4/23/2014 1:49:00 PM
- WWE's Stone Cold Steve Austin Slams 'Motherfkers' Who Don't AgreMSNEntertainment 4/23/2014 1:03:00 PM
- Meg Ryan Joins the Cast of How I Met Your Dad
Lindsay Lohan has a Hollywood heavyweight in her corner.
Last month, the 25-year-old dined with Woody Allen during a visit to New York -- and this week, the legendary director explained the reason for their outing to Access Hollywood at the premiere of his new film, "To Rome With Love."
Though he admitted he isn't currently considering Lohan for a part, "I wouldn't hesitate to use her in a movie because she's a very talented girl," Allen, 76, told an Access Hollywood reporter, adding that his and Lohan's get-together "was a social dinner."
The "Midnight in Paris" screenwriter also said he would have no qualms about casting the actress in one of his projects -- despite her multiple rehab stints and legal trouble over the last few years.
"If there was some legal reason I couldn't [cast her], that would be a different story, but it would not concern me personally, no. I think that she'd be just fine and she'd do a great job," Allen shared. "As I say, she's a very gifted girl and I would not hesitate. If I had something for her, I'd certainly call her."
Lohan is currently hard at work filming Lifetime's Elizabeth Taylor biopic, "Liz and Dick," in Marina del Ray, Calif. (Her last major role was in 2009's "Labor Pains.")
Just one week after getting in to a car crash that left her Porsche totaled on her way to set, reports surfaced Friday that the "Mean Girls" star had been rushed to the hospital after being found unconscious in her hotel room -- a story her rep slammed as "false."
"Lindsay worked a grueling schedule the past few days. She was on set last night at 7 p.m. and worked through the night until 8 a.m. this morning. She took a nap before shooting her scene," her rep Steve Honig told Us Weekly. "Producers were concerned when she did not come out of her room and called paramedics as a precaution."
Still, "Lindsay was examined and is fine, but did suffer some exhaustion and dehydration," he adds. "Lindsay was never taken to a hospital; reports to the contrary are false."
This article originally appeared on Usmagazine.com: Woody Allen: Lindsay Lohan Is a "Very Talented Girl"
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
Worst Mom Style
Check out Kim Kardashian's worst fashion moments as a mom.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "Sabrina the Teenage Witch" is up to today.Watch Video »
Jessica Simpson, Kourtney Kardashian, Beyonce, Gisele and Kendra Wilkinson post Easter Sunday pics on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where are they?
See where the former cast of "The Girls Next Door" is today.Watch Video »
Lindsay Lohan, David Beckham, Justin Bieber and 50 Cent show off their globe-trotting travels on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Lady Gaga, Katy Perry, and Rita Ora all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTWeek in Photos
From Crowd Ignite