Zac Efron: I'm Not a Heartthrob!
- Photo: Byron Purvis/Retna Ltd.1 of 16
- Photo: WireImage2 of 16
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage3 of 16
- Photo: Marco Provvisionato/StarTraks4 of 16
- Photo: AXELLE WOUSSEN/Bauer-Griffin5 of 16
- Photo: Lester Cohen/WireImage6 of 16
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage7 of 16
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage8 of 16
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/WireImage9 of 16
- Photo: Lester Cohen/WireImage10 of 16
- Photo: WENN/WENN11 of 16
- Photo: Christopher Jue; StarTraks/StarTraks12 of 16
- Photo: Koi Sojer/PacificCoastNews.com13 of 16
- Photo: BILL DAVILA/StarTraks14 of 16
- Photo: Scott Larson/Splash News15 of 16
More Celeb News
- Which Former Saturday Night Live Cast Member Has Been Named the New Announcer?MSNEntertainment 9/18/2014 7:00:00 AM
- 'Dancing With the Stars' Contestant Lolo Jones 'Embarrassed,' &aMSNEntertainment 9/18/2014 6:58:00 AM
- QUIZ: Which Sean Bean Character Said It?MSNEntertainment 9/18/2014 6:54:00 AM
- Maria Menounos Talks Return to Her Journalistic Roots: 'Untold' Is Like Pop CulturMSNEntertainment 9/18/2014 6:43:00 AM
- MTV and Logo TV to Air 'Laverne Cox: The T Word' DocumentaryMSNEntertainment 9/18/2014 6:36:00 AM
- Which Former Saturday Night Live Cast Member Has Been Named the New Announcer?
Since he burst on the scene with Disney's "High School Musical" in 2006, Zac Efron has been a crush object for tweens, teens, and yes, grown women everywhere.
Still, during an interview with "CBS Sunday Morning" airing April 1, Efron, 24, makes it clear he's pretty uncomfortable with his teen idol status.
"For those of us who will never be a heartthrob, just explain what that's like," correspondent Tracy Smith jokingly asks the actor.
"I can't explain to you what it's like to be a heartthrob, [because] I don't think I am a heartthrob," the "New Year's Eve" star tells the host. "I hate [that word]. I hate it. It follows you around, but you don't deserve it. It's like, 'Why?'"
How does Efron define himself? "I'm just me," he insists. "I'm just Zac. Just Zac."
Though he rejects the heartthrob label, Efron accidentally revealed he has an active enough personal life in an embarrassing red carpet incident last month. At "The Lorax" premiere on Feb. 19, Efron dropped a condom in front of cheering fans.
"I never had a pocket-checking policy prior to going on the red carpet before," Efron told Matt Lauer during a "Today" show appearance later that week. "But now we [have] fully instated one!"
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
From Rihanna to Lady Gaga, scope out the worst dressed A-listers at Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week, Spring/ Summer 2015!Watch Video »
Beyonce is Hot
Check out Beyonce's all-time sexiest looks.Watch Video »
Jennifer Lopez, Salma Hayek, and Sharon Stone all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
All Grown Up
Nick Jonas reveals how he celebrated his 22nd birthday on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out some of Alessandra's hottest vacation photos from the summer.Watch Video »
Lindsay Lohan, Cara Delevingne, and Rita Ora all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTWeek In Photos
From Crowd Ignite