Zac Efron: I'm Not a Heartthrob!
- Photo: Byron Purvis/Retna Ltd.1 of 16
- Photo: WireImage2 of 16
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage3 of 16
- Photo: Marco Provvisionato/StarTraks4 of 16
- Photo: AXELLE WOUSSEN/Bauer-Griffin5 of 16
- Photo: Lester Cohen/WireImage6 of 16
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage7 of 16
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage8 of 16
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/WireImage9 of 16
- Photo: Lester Cohen/WireImage10 of 16
- Photo: WENN/WENN11 of 16
- Photo: Christopher Jue; StarTraks/StarTraks12 of 16
- Photo: Koi Sojer/PacificCoastNews.com13 of 16
- Photo: BILL DAVILA/StarTraks14 of 16
- Photo: Scott Larson/Splash News15 of 16
More Celeb News
- Cate Blanchett Was Right: Women Making Little-to-No Progress in Landing Major Movie RolesMSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 12:01:00 AM
- President Obama to Appear on Zach Galifianakis' 'Between Two Ferns'MSNEntertainment 3/10/2014 9:11:00 PM
- Oscar Winner '12 Years a Slave' Spikes 75% at Overseas Box OfficeMSNEntertainment 3/10/2014 8:59:00 PM
- Trophy Wife's Wedding Spectacular Promises Flashbacks and The MuppetsMSNEntertainment 3/10/2014 6:29:00 PM
- Stars From 'Justified,' 'Mad Men' Join Short Film 'WintMSNEntertainment 3/10/2014 6:24:00 PM
- Cate Blanchett Was Right: Women Making Little-to-No Progress in Landing Major Movie Roles
Since he burst on the scene with Disney's "High School Musical" in 2006, Zac Efron has been a crush object for tweens, teens, and yes, grown women everywhere.
Still, during an interview with "CBS Sunday Morning" airing April 1, Efron, 24, makes it clear he's pretty uncomfortable with his teen idol status.
"For those of us who will never be a heartthrob, just explain what that's like," correspondent Tracy Smith jokingly asks the actor.
"I can't explain to you what it's like to be a heartthrob, [because] I don't think I am a heartthrob," the "New Year's Eve" star tells the host. "I hate [that word]. I hate it. It follows you around, but you don't deserve it. It's like, 'Why?'"
How does Efron define himself? "I'm just me," he insists. "I'm just Zac. Just Zac."
Though he rejects the heartthrob label, Efron accidentally revealed he has an active enough personal life in an embarrassing red carpet incident last month. At "The Lorax" premiere on Feb. 19, Efron dropped a condom in front of cheering fans.
"I never had a pocket-checking policy prior to going on the red carpet before," Efron told Matt Lauer during a "Today" show appearance later that week. "But now we [have] fully instated one!"
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
Find out what Oscar winners Jared Leto and Lupita Nyong’o have been up to since the Academy Awards on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
The Rock flexes massive muscle while getting sentimental on Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
Ladies Who Cook
Find out where Drew Barrymore and Reese Witherspoon are and what they're doing on their latest "girl's trip" on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Mila Kunis to Mary-Kate Olsen, get the scoop on all the engagements in Hollywood on Replay.Watch Video »
Nicole Richie debuts a lavender hair color on Instagram on Celebs Gone Social. What does Kelly Osbourne have to do with it?Watch Video »
Sarah Michelle Gellar talks to Wonderwall's Chris Gardner about "terrifying" paparazzi, growing veggies with her daughter, why she never went to rehab.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite