Zac Efron thanks fans for support following rehab stint
- Photo: WhoSay/.1 of 16
- Photo: Stefanie Keenan/Getty Images North America2 of 16
- Photo: Brent Perniac/AdMedia/Retna Ltd.3 of 16
- Photo: Joe Stevens/Retna Ltd.4 of 16
- Photo: J. King/Fame Flynet5 of 16
- Photo: Disney Channel/Everett/Rex USA6 of 16
- Photo: Matt Baron / BEImages/Rex USA7 of 16
- Photo: ANDY JAXN KALV/GSI8 of 16
- Photo: Dean/MRM/NPG9 of 16
- Photo: Gregg DeGuire/WireImage10 of 16
- Photo: LUCAS JACKSON/Reuters11 of 16
- Photo: Fame Flynet12 of 16
- Photo: LRC/ZOJ/WENN13 of 16
- Photo: LRC/ZOJ/WENN14 of 16
- Photo: LRC/ZOJ/WENN15 of 16
More Celeb News
- 9 Burning Fall Movie Questions: Will 'Exodus: Gods and Kings' be Blessed? Who WillMSNEntertainment 8/20/2014 7:02:00 AM
- 'Halt and Catch Fire' RenewedMSNEntertainment 8/20/2014 7:02:00 AM
- James Foley's Mother: 'We Have Never Been Prouder of Our Son'MSNEntertainment 8/20/2014 6:59:00 AM
- German retailer opening US flagship in CincinnatiMSNEntertainment 8/20/2014 6:35:21 AM
- Seth Meyers prizes his new role as Emmycast hostMSNEntertainment 8/20/2014 6:23:29 AM
- 9 Burning Fall Movie Questions: Will 'Exodus: Gods and Kings' be Blessed? Who Will
Zac Efron has remained largely quiet in the weeks since reports surfaced alleging he sought treatment for drug abuse issues this past spring.
RELATED: Disney stars: Where are they now?
But on Friday, he shared a photo from a recent visit to Machu Picchu on WhoSay, adding a thank-you note to his fans for their compassion during a difficult time.
"Hey guys! Just returned from an incredible trip to Peru with my dad and wanted to thank you all for your support these past few weeks ... means the world to me," he wrote. "Love you guys! - Z."
Efron has not commented explicitly on reports that he attended an outpatient rehab clinic in March following a relapse into cocaine and ecstasy use, but sources have told outlets including People and E! News that he's now sober and healthy.
Efron, 25, currently appears in "Parkland," which hits theaters next week; he wrapped shooting on Seth Rogen's "Neighbors" after the alleged relapse earlier this year.
Speaking to People, his "Parkland" co-star Marcia Gay Harden observed, "The fact that he's seeking help only says great things about him."
Check out Jessica Alba's baseball skills on today's Celebs Gone Social, hosted by Wonderwall Editor Jessica Wedemeyer.Watch Video »
Check out some of the most memorable Emmy fashion from over the years.Watch Video »
From Kourtney Kardashian to Mila Kunis, check out some of the best chic maternity wear celebs are sporting this summer.Watch Video »
Hot and Cold
Watch Hilary Duff and more stars take the ice bucket challenge on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Kim Kardashian to Jessica Biel, see what your favorite celebs look like sans makeup.Watch Video »
Check out the stars that spent the most on their weddings.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTMemorable Looks
From Crowd Ignite