Zac Efron thanks fans for support following rehab stint
- Photo: WhoSay/.1 of 16
- Photo: Stefanie Keenan/Getty Images North America2 of 16
- Photo: Brent Perniac/AdMedia/Retna Ltd.3 of 16
- Photo: Joe Stevens/Retna Ltd.4 of 16
- Photo: J. King/Fame Flynet5 of 16
- Photo: Disney Channel/Everett/Rex USA6 of 16
- Photo: Matt Baron / BEImages/Rex USA7 of 16
- Photo: ANDY JAXN KALV/GSI8 of 16
- Photo: Dean/MRM/NPG9 of 16
- Photo: Gregg DeGuire/WireImage10 of 16
- Photo: LUCAS JACKSON/Reuters11 of 16
- Photo: Fame Flynet12 of 16
- Photo: LRC/ZOJ/WENN13 of 16
- Photo: LRC/ZOJ/WENN14 of 16
- Photo: LRC/ZOJ/WENN15 of 16
More Celeb News
- World Cup: Hollywood Hails Germany, Cries for Argentina on TwitterMSNEntertainment 7/13/2014 4:30:00 PM
- NBC's 'Constantine' Casts Mexican-American Star as ZedMSNEntertainment 7/13/2014 4:24:00 PM
- Telenovela Star Angelica Celaya Cast as Zed on ConstantineMSNEntertainment 7/13/2014 3:42:00 PM
- 'Real Housewives of NJ's' Dina Manzo on Haters: 'I Don'MSNEntertainment 7/13/2014 3:24:00 PM
- The Mysteries of Laura Promises Drama, Comedy and ... Barf!MSNEntertainment 7/13/2014 3:06:00 PM
- World Cup: Hollywood Hails Germany, Cries for Argentina on Twitter
Zac Efron has remained largely quiet in the weeks since reports surfaced alleging he sought treatment for drug abuse issues this past spring.
RELATED: Disney stars: Where are they now?
But on Friday, he shared a photo from a recent visit to Machu Picchu on WhoSay, adding a thank-you note to his fans for their compassion during a difficult time.
"Hey guys! Just returned from an incredible trip to Peru with my dad and wanted to thank you all for your support these past few weeks ... means the world to me," he wrote. "Love you guys! - Z."
Efron has not commented explicitly on reports that he attended an outpatient rehab clinic in March following a relapse into cocaine and ecstasy use, but sources have told outlets including People and E! News that he's now sober and healthy.
Efron, 25, currently appears in "Parkland," which hits theaters next week; he wrapped shooting on Seth Rogen's "Neighbors" after the alleged relapse earlier this year.
Speaking to People, his "Parkland" co-star Marcia Gay Harden observed, "The fact that he's seeking help only says great things about him."
See some of the many revealing looks that Kim Kardashian has donned recently.Watch Video »
From Sofia Vergara to Zac Efron, check out who's coupling up on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Kesha's New Looks
See how Kesha's looks have changed since Rehab.Watch Video »
Check out some of the cutest celeb baby bumps hitting the beach this summer.Watch Video »
Gisele Bundchen posts pics of her bikini body and beach vacation with hubby Tom Brady and daughter Vivian on today’s Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
See which celebs had the best and worst beach bodies of 2012.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTBikini Bods!
From Crowd Ignite