Zac Efron thanks fans for support following rehab stint
- Photo: WhoSay/.1 of 16
- Photo: Stefanie Keenan/Getty Images North America2 of 16
- Photo: Brent Perniac/AdMedia/Retna Ltd.3 of 16
- Photo: Joe Stevens/Retna Ltd.4 of 16
- Photo: J. King/Fame Flynet5 of 16
- Photo: Disney Channel/Everett/Rex USA6 of 16
- Photo: Matt Baron / BEImages/Rex USA7 of 16
- Photo: ANDY JAXN KALV/GSI8 of 16
- Photo: Dean/MRM/NPG9 of 16
- Photo: Gregg DeGuire/WireImage10 of 16
- Photo: LUCAS JACKSON/Reuters11 of 16
- Photo: Fame Flynet12 of 16
- Photo: LRC/ZOJ/WENN13 of 16
- Photo: LRC/ZOJ/WENN14 of 16
- Photo: LRC/ZOJ/WENN15 of 16
More Celeb News
- Andy Cohen Dishes on Five Years of Watch What Happens LiveMSNEntertainment 7/10/2014 4:01:00 AM
- US Television Productions in Israel Working Under Threat of Rocket AttacksMSNEntertainment 7/10/2014 1:39:00 AM
- 'Big Brother': Everything Blows Up at Volatile Power of Veto MeetingMSNEntertainment 7/10/2014 12:58:00 AM
- Emmy Nominations: TheWrap's Live BlogMSNEntertainment 7/9/2014 8:47:00 PM
- Party Report: 7 Days in a McMansion Hulu Shot "Real Housewives" Spoof "MSNEntertainment 7/9/2014 7:17:00 PM
- Andy Cohen Dishes on Five Years of Watch What Happens Live
Zac Efron has remained largely quiet in the weeks since reports surfaced alleging he sought treatment for drug abuse issues this past spring.
RELATED: Disney stars: Where are they now?
But on Friday, he shared a photo from a recent visit to Machu Picchu on WhoSay, adding a thank-you note to his fans for their compassion during a difficult time.
"Hey guys! Just returned from an incredible trip to Peru with my dad and wanted to thank you all for your support these past few weeks ... means the world to me," he wrote. "Love you guys! - Z."
Efron has not commented explicitly on reports that he attended an outpatient rehab clinic in March following a relapse into cocaine and ecstasy use, but sources have told outlets including People and E! News that he's now sober and healthy.
Efron, 25, currently appears in "Parkland," which hits theaters next week; he wrapped shooting on Seth Rogen's "Neighbors" after the alleged relapse earlier this year.
Speaking to People, his "Parkland" co-star Marcia Gay Harden observed, "The fact that he's seeking help only says great things about him."
Check out some of the cutest celeb baby bumps hitting the beach this summer.Watch Video »
Jennifer Lopez brings the glam while spending time with her fam at Paris Fashion Week on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Rihanna shows her softer, sweeter side -- plus a newfound maternal instinct! -- on Twitter on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out Justin Timberlake, Kristen Bell and more stars enjoying summery activities -- from golf and tennis to romps on the beach and more!Watch Video »
Kourtney Kardashian and more pregnant stars show off their baby bumps over the holiday weekend on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Sofia Vergara poses in a revealing neon bikini while her "Modern Family" castmates hit the beach in Australia on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTHorsing Around
From Crowd Ignite