Zac Efron thanks fans for support following rehab stint
- Photo: WhoSay/.1 of 16
- Photo: Stefanie Keenan/Getty Images North America2 of 16
- Photo: Brent Perniac/AdMedia/Retna Ltd.3 of 16
- Photo: Joe Stevens/Retna Ltd.4 of 16
- Photo: J. King/Fame Flynet5 of 16
- Photo: Disney Channel/Everett/Rex USA6 of 16
- Photo: Matt Baron / BEImages/Rex USA7 of 16
- Photo: ANDY JAXN KALV/GSI8 of 16
- Photo: Dean/MRM/NPG9 of 16
- Photo: Gregg DeGuire/WireImage10 of 16
- Photo: LUCAS JACKSON/Reuters11 of 16
- Photo: Fame Flynet12 of 16
- Photo: LRC/ZOJ/WENN13 of 16
- Photo: LRC/ZOJ/WENN14 of 16
- Photo: LRC/ZOJ/WENN15 of 16
More Celeb News
- From "Sassenach" to Time Travel! Everything You Need to Know About Starz'MSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 4:48:00 PM
- ABC's 'The Quest' Producers Reveal How They Found HeroesMSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 4:26:00 PM
- Sharknado 2 Sets Record With Nearly 4 Million ViewersMSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 4:04:00 PM
- Javier Bardem clarifies comments in open letter about Middle East conflictMSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 3:43:00 PM
- Netflix Revives The Killing For One Last CaseMSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 3:14:00 PM
- From "Sassenach" to Time Travel! Everything You Need to Know About Starz'
Zac Efron has remained largely quiet in the weeks since reports surfaced alleging he sought treatment for drug abuse issues this past spring.
RELATED: Disney stars: Where are they now?
But on Friday, he shared a photo from a recent visit to Machu Picchu on WhoSay, adding a thank-you note to his fans for their compassion during a difficult time.
"Hey guys! Just returned from an incredible trip to Peru with my dad and wanted to thank you all for your support these past few weeks ... means the world to me," he wrote. "Love you guys! - Z."
Efron has not commented explicitly on reports that he attended an outpatient rehab clinic in March following a relapse into cocaine and ecstasy use, but sources have told outlets including People and E! News that he's now sober and healthy.
Efron, 25, currently appears in "Parkland," which hits theaters next week; he wrapped shooting on Seth Rogen's "Neighbors" after the alleged relapse earlier this year.
Speaking to People, his "Parkland" co-star Marcia Gay Harden observed, "The fact that he's seeking help only says great things about him."
Where Are They?
It's been 20 years since "Jurassic Park" came out. See what the cast of the movie is up to these days.Watch Video »
From Benji Madden and Cameron Diaz to Mariah Carey and Nick Cannon, take a look at some of Hollywood's strangest couples.Watch Video »
Check out Jessica Alba, Reese Witherspoon, and more stars who recycle their wardrobes.Watch Video »
Check out some of January Jones' most retro wardrobe choices from over the years.Watch Video »
From Reese Witherspoon to Justin Timberlake, see some of the hottest stars from the south.Watch Video »
Joe Manganiello parties with new love Sofia Vergara and her family in Miami on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTHello Hotness!
From Crowd Ignite