Zac Efron, Vanessa Hudgens Split
- Photo: Michael Caulfield/WireImage.com1 of 7
- Photo: Target/Fame Pictures2 of 7
- Photo: Russ Einhorn/Splash News3 of 7
- Photo: Kevin Winter/GettyImages.com4 of 7
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP5 of 7
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/WireImage.com6 of 7
More Celeb News
- Senator Al Franken to Netflix CEO: What's Your Take on the Comcast-Time Warner Deal?MSNEntertainment 4/16/2014 5:05:00 PM
- 'Of Mice and Men' Theater Review: James Franco, Chris O'Dowd Bring VibranMSNEntertainment 4/16/2014 4:30:00 PM
- Top Hollywood Publicist Leslie Sloane Exits BWR After 17 Years (Exclusive)MSNEntertainment 4/16/2014 4:28:00 PM
- Megan Ellison's Annapurna Pictures Developing First TV Project With 'True Blood,&aMSNEntertainment 4/16/2014 3:53:00 PM
- Los Angeles Register Launches With Upbeat News MixMSNEntertainment 4/16/2014 3:50:00 PM
- Senator Al Franken to Netflix CEO: What's Your Take on the Comcast-Time Warner Deal?
The king and queen of "High School Musical" are going their separate ways.
After more than three years together, Zac Efron and Vanessa Hudgens have split, a source confirms to UsMagazine.com.
"It was mutual," the source explains. "They have been together for so long. It just ran its course."
And, the insider insists, "They are still talking and still friends. There's no drama. No one cheated. They just grew up."
Efron, 23, and Hudgens, 21, met in 2005 while making the first "High School Musical" flick, and became a romantic item about two years later.
"Right off the bat, we had a connection," Hudgens told Glamour magazine earlier this year. "I think everybody could see it. When we had our audition, they paired us together. And he was adorable."
"I think that we inspire each other," she added. "[I love] having someone to grow with."
Efron admitted to Details' September issue that he had pondered the single life. "Everyone tells me [to play the field]," he said. "I think a lot of guys would enjoy that. But I'm not really like that."
He shot down claims that their romance was an elaborate publicity stunt. "That's just f***ing insane... . It would have been so much easier to call it off a long time ago."
RELATED ON WONDERWALL:
RELATED ON USMAGAZINE.COM
From Crowd Ignite