Zach Galifianakis quits drinking after two men spit in his face
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP1 of 6
- Photo: Eric Jamison/Invision/Invision/AP2 of 6
- Photo: Gregg DeGuire/WireImage3 of 6
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage4 of 6
- Photo: Anonymous/Invision/AP5 of 6
More Celeb News
- How Much Will Piracy of 'The Expendables 3' Cost Lionsgate?MSNEntertainment 8/1/2014 6:50:00 AM
- NBC Renews UndateableMSNEntertainment 8/1/2014 5:54:00 AM
- Pamela Anderson wants Faeroes to stop whale driveMSNEntertainment 8/1/2014 5:34:53 AM
- AP Top Entertainment News At 8:25 a.m. EDTMSNEntertainment 8/1/2014 5:25:28 AM
- Sundance Film Festival Expands to Hong KongMSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 11:12:00 PM
- How Much Will Piracy of 'The Expendables 3' Cost Lionsgate?
No more real-life hangovers for Zach Galifianakis. The actor, 43, has "stopped drinking," he told Conan O'Brien on a Wednesday, May 15 appearance on Conan. Looking noticeably thinner, the bearded comic star revealed he "was getting into too much trouble with the drinking." It was one incident in particular during a drunken night out on the Lower East Side of Manhattan that inspired the "Hangover III" standout to lay off the sauce.
Taking a long walk home, "I'd gotten into the whiskey that night, and was listening to my headphones," he explained. Crossing Ludlow Street, "this guy in a Jaguar cut me off," he said. Intoxicated and annoyed, the star retaliated. "As he cut my off, I hit the car as hard as i could with my hand."
Seconds later, Galifianakis got a tap on the shoulder. "I turn around, it's two huge 6-foot-6 guys [from the Jaguar]," he recalled. "They both, at the same time, spit in my face!"
"I don't know if you've ever been spit in the face non-sexually," he joked to O'Brien, "But all I remember is being so stunned." As his assailants walked away, "I remember reaching into a trash can and grabbing a beer bottle and saying out loud, 'Nobody spits in Galifianakis' face!'"
He threw the bottle at the car -- but, thankfully, "It missed!"
Galifianakis wed longtime love, philanthropist Quinn Lundberg, in Vancouver last August.
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Check out Jessica Alba, Reese Witherspoon, and more stars who recycle their wardrobes.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
It's been 20 years since "Jurassic Park" came out. See what the cast of the movie is up to these days.Watch Video »
Check out some of January Jones' most retro wardrobe choices from over the years.Watch Video »
Sexy Marky Mark
Take a look back at Mark Wahlberg's best shirtless looks over the yearsWatch Video »
From Benji Madden and Cameron Diaz to Mariah Carey and Nick Cannon, take a look at some of Hollywood's strangest couples.Watch Video »
Where'd He Go?
Find out what happened to the stars of 'Garden State' after they made the hit indie film.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTSmooch Central
From Crowd Ignite