Zach Galifianakis quits drinking after two men spit in his face
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP1 of 6
- Photo: Eric Jamison/Invision/Invision/AP2 of 6
- Photo: Gregg DeGuire/WireImage3 of 6
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage4 of 6
- Photo: Anonymous/Invision/AP5 of 6
More Celeb News
- American Idol: Is This the Most Boring Group of Contestants Ever?MSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 4:47:00 PM
- Does Mel Gibson Deserve Another Chance?MSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 4:22:00 PM
- 'Fast & Furious 7' Resumes Production This MonthMSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 4:02:00 PM
- Obama pitches his health care plan on Funny or DieMSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 4:01:01 PM
- ABC's Ratings the Most Glaring Challenge for Anne Sweeney's SuccessorMSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 3:58:00 PM
- American Idol: Is This the Most Boring Group of Contestants Ever?
No more real-life hangovers for Zach Galifianakis. The actor, 43, has "stopped drinking," he told Conan O'Brien on a Wednesday, May 15 appearance on Conan. Looking noticeably thinner, the bearded comic star revealed he "was getting into too much trouble with the drinking." It was one incident in particular during a drunken night out on the Lower East Side of Manhattan that inspired the "Hangover III" standout to lay off the sauce.
Taking a long walk home, "I'd gotten into the whiskey that night, and was listening to my headphones," he explained. Crossing Ludlow Street, "this guy in a Jaguar cut me off," he said. Intoxicated and annoyed, the star retaliated. "As he cut my off, I hit the car as hard as i could with my hand."
Seconds later, Galifianakis got a tap on the shoulder. "I turn around, it's two huge 6-foot-6 guys [from the Jaguar]," he recalled. "They both, at the same time, spit in my face!"
"I don't know if you've ever been spit in the face non-sexually," he joked to O'Brien, "But all I remember is being so stunned." As his assailants walked away, "I remember reaching into a trash can and grabbing a beer bottle and saying out loud, 'Nobody spits in Galifianakis' face!'"
He threw the bottle at the car -- but, thankfully, "It missed!"
Galifianakis wed longtime love, philanthropist Quinn Lundberg, in Vancouver last August.
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
From Brad Pitt to Ian Somerhalder, see some of Hollywood's sexiest vampires.Watch Video »
Rihanna, Nicole Richie, and Rita Ora all get an F on this week's Fashion OffendersWatch Video »
Find out what Oscar winners Jared Leto and Lupita Nyong’o have been up to since the Academy Awards on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where are they?
See where the cast of "Cruel Intentions" is today.Watch Video »
From Kim Kardashian to Paris Hilton, see which stars have the most expensive engagement bling.Watch Video »
Best Bikini Bods
Kim Kardashian, Bar Refaeli and Heidi Klum share their best bikini pics on social media on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite