Zach Galifianakis quits drinking after two men spit in his face
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP1 of 6
- Photo: Eric Jamison/Invision/Invision/AP2 of 6
- Photo: Gregg DeGuire/WireImage3 of 6
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage4 of 6
- Photo: Anonymous/Invision/AP5 of 6
More Celeb News
- Box Office: Lucy Tops HerculesMSNEntertainment 7/27/2014 3:13:00 PM
- 'Godzilla' Storms Japan but 'Dawn of the Planet of Apes' Rules WMSNEntertainment 7/27/2014 12:47:00 PM
- 'Following' Producers, Stars Reveal Alternate Season 2 Ending, Preview 'RMSNEntertainment 7/27/2014 12:46:00 PM
- AP Top Entertainment News At 3:17 p.m. EDTMSNEntertainment 7/27/2014 12:17:05 PM
- Comic-Con's dark side: Harassment amid the fantasyMSNEntertainment 7/27/2014 12:16:57 PM
- Box Office: Lucy Tops Hercules
No more real-life hangovers for Zach Galifianakis. The actor, 43, has "stopped drinking," he told Conan O'Brien on a Wednesday, May 15 appearance on Conan. Looking noticeably thinner, the bearded comic star revealed he "was getting into too much trouble with the drinking." It was one incident in particular during a drunken night out on the Lower East Side of Manhattan that inspired the "Hangover III" standout to lay off the sauce.
Taking a long walk home, "I'd gotten into the whiskey that night, and was listening to my headphones," he explained. Crossing Ludlow Street, "this guy in a Jaguar cut me off," he said. Intoxicated and annoyed, the star retaliated. "As he cut my off, I hit the car as hard as i could with my hand."
Seconds later, Galifianakis got a tap on the shoulder. "I turn around, it's two huge 6-foot-6 guys [from the Jaguar]," he recalled. "They both, at the same time, spit in my face!"
"I don't know if you've ever been spit in the face non-sexually," he joked to O'Brien, "But all I remember is being so stunned." As his assailants walked away, "I remember reaching into a trash can and grabbing a beer bottle and saying out loud, 'Nobody spits in Galifianakis' face!'"
He threw the bottle at the car -- but, thankfully, "It missed!"
Galifianakis wed longtime love, philanthropist Quinn Lundberg, in Vancouver last August.
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Selena Gomez, Zoe Saldana, and Maggie Gyllenhaal all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Find out which stars attended Jennifer Lopez's birthday celebration on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Get the scoop on Naya Rivera's wacky wedding on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Let's check out some of Eva's tactics behind her baby bump secret on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Sexy Marky Mark
Take a look back at Mark Wahlberg's best shirtless looks over the yearsWatch Video »
Cameron Diaz, Rumer Willis, and Ellie Goulding all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTSexy Sweeties
From Crowd Ignite