- Photo: Doug Inglish/Details1 of 7
- Photo: Doug Inglish/Details2 of 7
- Photo: Dan Steinberg/Invision/AP3 of 7
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP4 of 7
- Photo: Sara De Boer/Retna Ltd.5 of 7
- Photo: Peter Kramer/Invision/AP6 of 7
More Celeb News
- Fox Renews 'New Girl,' 'Mindy Project,' 'Brooklyn Nine-MSNEntertainment 3/7/2014 4:00:00 PM
- 'One Tree Hill's' Robert Buckley Joins CW Pilot 'iZombie&apoMSNEntertainment 3/7/2014 4:00:00 PM
- Paramount to Honor Oracle Co-Founder Larry Ellison at Gala Benefiting Cancer Research at USCMSNEntertainment 3/7/2014 3:52:00 PM
- Exclusive: The Blacklist Casts Tom's "Brother" MSNEntertainment 3/7/2014 3:42:00 PM
- Black Sails: Is Billy Dead?MSNEntertainment 3/7/2014 3:28:00 PM
- Fox Renews 'New Girl,' 'Mindy Project,' 'Brooklyn Nine-
By Dana Flax
"Avatar" star Zoe Saldana knows a thing or two about sci-fi hot chicks. (And it takes one to know one, doesn't it?) In the new issue of Details (on stands today), Zoe pays tribute to geek goddesses of the past (including a subtle nod to Princess Leia's gold swimwear), declaring that she's a "very proud woman." Girl power! Read on for highlights from her interview, then go to Details.com for more exclusive coverage.
Zoe is all woman. But she can still beat you up:
“I've always gravitated toward the Sigourney Weavers, the f---ing Linda Hamiltons, the Angelina Jolies. I just love strong women that are in tune with their bodies -- that don't just use their bodies as sex tools. I'm very dominant -- feisty. I'm not a man-hater, just a very proud woman.”
On booty-shakin' good times filming with motion-capture technology:
"You're in a suit with all these dots on you, and whatever you do, they get it. Sam [Worthington, her 'Avatar' co-star] and I did all sorts of stupid s---. If you burp, your character burps. I'd shake my booty, and you'd see my character shaking her booty."
You listening, James Bond?:
"I'm such a physical person, action-film work came natural."
More on Wonderwall:
More on Details.com:
From Crowd Ignite