2 Accused of Extorting Wonder Ordered to Trial
- Photo: Jose Luis Magana/Invision/AP1 of 6
- Photo: CAROLYN KASTER/Invision/AP2 of 6
- Photo: Mel Evans/Invision/AP3 of 6
- Photo: Lester Cohen/WireImage4 of 6
- Photo: Janet Mayer/Splash News5 of 6
More Celeb News
- Michael Sam Cut by St. Louis Rams, Delaying Quest to Be First Openly Gay Player in NFLMSNEntertainment 8/30/2014 1:19:00 PM
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie are working on their honeymoonMSNEntertainment 8/30/2014 12:46:00 PM
- Made in America concert set to rock Los AngelesMSNEntertainment 8/30/2014 11:58:04 AM
- Idris Elba Thriller 'No Good Deed' Launches Unique Social Media CampaignMSNEntertainment 8/30/2014 10:48:00 AM
- LA's Made in America concert set to rock downtownMSNEntertainment 8/30/2014 10:18:48 AM
- Michael Sam Cut by St. Louis Rams, Delaying Quest to Be First Openly Gay Player in NFL
LOS ANGELES (AP) -- A judge has ordered two people accused of extorting Stevie Wonder to stand trial.
RELATED: Celebs in Financial Trouble
Superior Court Judge Ray G. Jurado made the ruling after a preliminary hearing Thursday in Los Angeles. His determination was made after hearing from three witnesses who testified Alpha Walker and Tamara Diaz attempted to sell a potentially embarrassing film to the Grammy-winning musician.
Wonder's attorney William Briggs II says he watched portions of the video and that Walker made "slanderous" statements about the musician and his mother. Griggs says the footage also included Wonder's son, whom the singer is protective of.
Walker and Diaz were arrested after being paid $10,000 by Briggs in a sting organized by police.
Defense attorneys argued prosecutors hadn't shown enough evidence and Walker was exercising his First Amendment rights.
RELATED: Stevie Wonder on Halloween
Lea Michele, Megan Fox, and Kate Walsh all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Get the scoop on Bradley Bayou's dress design that Oprah wore to the Emmy Awards.Watch Video »
Get Mariah and Nick's marital woe breakdown on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Miley Cyrus, Katy Perry, and Selena Gomez all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Jared Leto, Madonna and Jaime King all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders hosted by Wonderwall's Jessica Wedemeyer.Watch Video »
Jennifer Lopez reunites with Casper Smart, plus more famous friendly exes on Replay, hosted by Wonderwall's Jessica Wedemeyer.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTVenice Film Fest
From Crowd Ignite