2 Accused of Extorting Wonder Ordered to Trial
- Photo: Jose Luis Magana/Invision/AP1 of 6
- Photo: CAROLYN KASTER/Invision/AP2 of 6
- Photo: Mel Evans/Invision/AP3 of 6
- Photo: Lester Cohen/WireImage4 of 6
- Photo: Janet Mayer/Splash News5 of 6
More Celeb News
- Shaquille O'Neal, Rapper Waka Flocka Flame Sued for Making Fun of Disabled Man on Social MeMSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 12:17:00 PM
- 'Sharknado 2: The Second One' Premiere More Than Doubles Original's RatinMSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 11:59:00 AM
- Peter Capaldi's 'Doctor Who' Season Debut Gets Theatrical RunMSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 11:54:00 AM
- Exclusive: Mad Men's Rich Sommer Returning to ElementaryMSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 11:54:00 AM
- VIDEO: Kathy Bates on Her Personal Ties to American Horror Story: Freak ShowMSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 11:51:00 AM
- Shaquille O'Neal, Rapper Waka Flocka Flame Sued for Making Fun of Disabled Man on Social Me
LOS ANGELES (AP) -- A judge has ordered two people accused of extorting Stevie Wonder to stand trial.
RELATED: Celebs in Financial Trouble
Superior Court Judge Ray G. Jurado made the ruling after a preliminary hearing Thursday in Los Angeles. His determination was made after hearing from three witnesses who testified Alpha Walker and Tamara Diaz attempted to sell a potentially embarrassing film to the Grammy-winning musician.
Wonder's attorney William Briggs II says he watched portions of the video and that Walker made "slanderous" statements about the musician and his mother. Griggs says the footage also included Wonder's son, whom the singer is protective of.
Walker and Diaz were arrested after being paid $10,000 by Briggs in a sting organized by police.
Defense attorneys argued prosecutors hadn't shown enough evidence and Walker was exercising his First Amendment rights.
RELATED: Stevie Wonder on Halloween
Britney Spears, Beyonce and more stars share their summer love on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Joe Manganiello parties with new love Sofia Vergara and her family in Miami on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
It's been 20 years since "Jurassic Park" came out. See what the cast of the movie is up to these days.Watch Video »
Selena Gomez, Zoe Saldana, and Maggie Gyllenhaal all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Check out Jessica Alba, Reese Witherspoon, and more stars who recycle their wardrobes.Watch Video »
Where'd He Go?
Find out what happened to the stars of 'Garden State' after they made the hit indie film.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTSad News
From Crowd Ignite