2 Chainz thought shooting was TV prank
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/Invision/AP1 of 7
- Photo: JE1/Judy Eddy/http://www.wenn.com/2 of 7
- Photo: AB1/ Adriana M. Barraza/WENN3 of 7
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage4 of 7
- Photo: AB1/WENN5 of 7
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP6 of 7
More Celeb News
- New 'Mad Men' Final Season Images, Explained by Matthew WeinerMSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 3:00:00 PM
- Anne Sweeney Exits Disney: TheWrap Picks Potential ReplacementsMSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 2:05:00 PM
- Lena Dunham Says She May Quit Acting After Girls EndsMSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 2:02:00 PM
- Game of Thrones Star Kristian Nairn Comes Out as GayMSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 2:01:00 PM
- Inside President Obama's Funny or Die VideoMSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 2:01:00 PM
- New 'Mad Men' Final Season Images, Explained by Matthew Weiner
Hip-hop star 2 Chainz initially thought the armed robbery he was caught up in last week was a staged TV prank.
RELATED: Insured celeb body parts
The hip-hop star and his entourage were confronted by armed men on the street in San Francisco on Sunday, June 9. Security footage purportedly taken at the scene appears to show the "Spend It" rapper and his crew fleeing in fear.
2 Chainz has now opened up about the terrifying incident, saying he thought he was being filmed for celebrity practical joke show "Punk'd."
Speaking to Georgia radio station Hot 107, he explains, "I saw the gun first. It was like a .357 [Magnum handgun]. It was so heavy he couldn't really hold it. The gun was so big. That's what made me take off running. When I went into the street, there was another dude with a whole 'nother gun (sic). That's when I knew it wasn't like an episode of 'Punk'd.' I was like, 'This is real...'" T
The surveillance tape also shows the star apparently falling over as he tries to get away, and he admits he had a close call: "I had bullet fragments in my hair... I think [the suspect] thought he shot me."
Find out what Oscar winners Jared Leto and Lupita Nyong’o have been up to since the Academy Awards on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
The Rock flexes massive muscle while getting sentimental on Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
From Mila Kunis to Mary-Kate Olsen, get the scoop on all the engagements in Hollywood on Replay.Watch Video »
Ladies Who Cook
Find out where Drew Barrymore and Reese Witherspoon are and what they're doing on their latest "girl's trip" on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Nicole Richie debuts a lavender hair color on Instagram on Celebs Gone Social. What does Kelly Osbourne have to do with it?Watch Video »
See some of Duchess Kate's most budget-friendly fashion items.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite