2 Chainz thought shooting was TV prank
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/Invision/AP1 of 7
- Photo: JE1/Judy Eddy/http://www.wenn.com/2 of 7
- Photo: AB1/ Adriana M. Barraza/WENN3 of 7
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage4 of 7
- Photo: AB1/WENN5 of 7
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP6 of 7
More Celeb News
- Disney to Make Chinese Co-Productions With Shanghai Media GroupMSNEntertainment 3/6/2014 4:37:00 PM
- Managers Call SAG-AFTRA's Code of Ethics 'DOA' After SurveyMSNEntertainment 3/6/2014 4:31:00 PM
- FX's 'Archer' Renewed for 2 More SeasonsMSNEntertainment 3/6/2014 4:06:00 PM
- Insiders: Andrew Garfield Rewrote Batkid Oscars Speech, Thought Segment Was ExploitativeMSNEntertainment 3/6/2014 3:54:00 PM
- CW's Uncensored 'Reign' Sex Scenes Are 'Appalling,' SayMSNEntertainment 3/6/2014 3:22:00 PM
- Disney to Make Chinese Co-Productions With Shanghai Media Group
Hip-hop star 2 Chainz initially thought the armed robbery he was caught up in last week was a staged TV prank.
RELATED: Insured celeb body parts
The hip-hop star and his entourage were confronted by armed men on the street in San Francisco on Sunday, June 9. Security footage purportedly taken at the scene appears to show the "Spend It" rapper and his crew fleeing in fear.
2 Chainz has now opened up about the terrifying incident, saying he thought he was being filmed for celebrity practical joke show "Punk'd."
Speaking to Georgia radio station Hot 107, he explains, "I saw the gun first. It was like a .357 [Magnum handgun]. It was so heavy he couldn't really hold it. The gun was so big. That's what made me take off running. When I went into the street, there was another dude with a whole 'nother gun (sic). That's when I knew it wasn't like an episode of 'Punk'd.' I was like, 'This is real...'" T
The surveillance tape also shows the star apparently falling over as he tries to get away, and he admits he had a close call: "I had bullet fragments in my hair... I think [the suspect] thought he shot me."
Ladies Who Cook
Find out where Drew Barrymore and Reese Witherspoon are and what they're doing on their latest "girl's trip" on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Nicole Richie debuts a lavender hair color on Instagram on Celebs Gone Social. What does Kelly Osbourne have to do with it?Watch Video »
Check out the many ways that Britney Spears is looking better than ever.Watch Video »
Where are they?
See where the cast of "Cruel Intentions" is today.Watch Video »
Sofia Vergara poses in a revealing neon bikini while her "Modern Family" castmates hit the beach in Australia on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Take a look back at Prince William and Duchess Kate's cutest couple moments.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite