2 Chainz thought shooting was TV prank
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/Invision/AP1 of 7
- Photo: JE1/Judy Eddy/http://www.wenn.com/2 of 7
- Photo: AB1/ Adriana M. Barraza/WENN3 of 7
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage4 of 7
- Photo: AB1/WENN5 of 7
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP6 of 7
More Celeb News
- Investigating Veronica Mars: Creator Rob Thomas on the Show's Enduring Legacy 10 Years LateMSNEntertainment 9/20/2014 3:32:00 PM
- 8 Crazy Things to Expect on Sleepy Hollow Season 2MSNEntertainment 9/20/2014 3:32:00 PM
- Emmy Winner and Singer Polly Bergen Dies at 84MSNEntertainment 9/20/2014 3:22:00 PM
- Kim Kardashian Among the Latest Targeted in Nude Photo LeakMSNEntertainment 9/20/2014 3:22:00 PM
- U2 guitarist gets boost in bid for Malibu mansionsMSNEntertainment 9/20/2014 2:26:14 PM
- Investigating Veronica Mars: Creator Rob Thomas on the Show's Enduring Legacy 10 Years Late
Hip-hop star 2 Chainz initially thought the armed robbery he was caught up in last week was a staged TV prank.
RELATED: Insured celeb body parts
The hip-hop star and his entourage were confronted by armed men on the street in San Francisco on Sunday, June 9. Security footage purportedly taken at the scene appears to show the "Spend It" rapper and his crew fleeing in fear.
2 Chainz has now opened up about the terrifying incident, saying he thought he was being filmed for celebrity practical joke show "Punk'd."
Speaking to Georgia radio station Hot 107, he explains, "I saw the gun first. It was like a .357 [Magnum handgun]. It was so heavy he couldn't really hold it. The gun was so big. That's what made me take off running. When I went into the street, there was another dude with a whole 'nother gun (sic). That's when I knew it wasn't like an episode of 'Punk'd.' I was like, 'This is real...'" T
The surveillance tape also shows the star apparently falling over as he tries to get away, and he admits he had a close call: "I had bullet fragments in my hair... I think [the suspect] thought he shot me."
Julianne Hough, Victoria Beckham, and Nicole Scherzinger all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Jennifer Lopez, Salma Hayek, and Sharon Stone all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Gisele Bundchen, Alessandra Ambrosio and more models share sweet snaps with their kids, hosted by Wonderwall correspondent Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
All Grown Up
Nick Jonas reveals how he celebrated his 22nd birthday on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Lindsay Lohan, Cara Delevingne, and Rita Ora all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
From Rihanna to Lady Gaga, scope out the worst dressed A-listers at Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week, Spring/ Summer 2015!Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTBirthday Fun
From Crowd Ignite