2012 Forbes Celebrity 100Related: Celeb Gloss, Jennifer Lopez, Katy Perry, Rihanna, Oprah Winfrey, Lady Gaga, Justin Bieber
- Photo: Evan Agostini/AP4 of 6
Media mogul Oprah Winfrey saw her earnings fall by a staggering $125 million this year, down 43 percent from an estimated $290 million last year.
RELATED: The most powerful actors
However, even with that drop, she remains the highest earner on the list, just inching out director Michael Bay. It's been a challenging year for Winfrey, who signed off from her 25-year syndicated show and immediately turned her attention to her struggling cable network, OWN. The bulk of the earnings dive comes from lost income from "The Oprah Winfrey Show," but her diversified portfolio includes O: The Oprah Magazine, spinoff shows like "The Dr. Oz Show" and a radio deal with Sirius. She does not earn a salary at OWN, which has faced ratings disappointments and financial difficulties since it premiered in January 2011. As chairman and CEO of the joint venture with Discovery Communications, she hopes a recent restructuring, new programming and a distribution deal with Comcast will turn the network around.
Get out the vote
- Party AnimalsCheck out some of Hollywood's biggest party animals.Watch Video »
- Carrie's ChangesSee how this country cutie has changed her looks over the years.Watch Video »
- Bikini BurnsFrom Kim Kardashian to Jessica Alba, see the worst celeb sunburns.Watch Video »
- Double TroubleFrom the Olsens to the Mowrys, see some of Hollywood's most famous twins.Watch Video »
From Videos of Wonderwall
From MSN Entertainment
From Crowd Ignite