Billy Ray Cyrus Defends Miley's Controversial Pole Dancing
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP1 of 8
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP2 of 8
- Photo: Eric Charbonneau/WireImage.com3 of 8
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP4 of 8
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP5 of 8
- Photo: Dan Steinberg/Invision/AP6 of 8
- Photo: MARK HUMPHREY/Invision/AP7 of 8
More Celeb News
- '24's' Joel Surnow on Directorial Debut 'Small Time:' &MSNEntertainment 4/18/2014 3:48:00 PM
- 'Mad Men' Final Season Wish-List: What Don Draper's Fate Should Be (GuestMSNEntertainment 4/18/2014 3:22:00 PM
- The Biz: PBS Celebrates Music's Hall of FAME With Muscle ShoalsMSNEntertainment 4/18/2014 3:17:00 PM
- Lara Spencer Promoted to Co-Host on Good Morning AmericaMSNEntertainment 4/18/2014 1:36:00 PM
- Exclusive: Luke Perry Heads to Hot in ClevelandMSNEntertainment 4/18/2014 1:22:00 PM
- '24's' Joel Surnow on Directorial Debut 'Small Time:' &
By Melissa Hunter
Miley controversy #97 was spawned last week when she danced next to a metal pole at the Teen Choice Awards, which many thought was something that should be limited to strippers. Or at least girls over 18.
But her father, Billy Ray Cyrus, has finally spoken out in defense of her provocative performance. When asked about the show, Billy Ray told Access Hollywood that Miley is focused on entertaining, saying "You know what? I just think that Miley loves entertaining people. She loves singing [and] songwriting."
Miley has seemed to learn how to drown out the inundation of criticism she receives, often for behaving "beyond her years" and her father may be to credit for that. He said, "I always tell her to love what you're doing and stay focused for the love of the art and not worry so much about opinion."
Considering the number of unstable Hollywood dads these days, it's good to see that a father is sticking up for and supporting his child. Even if he does seem a little bit creepy from time to time.
From Crowd Ignite