Billy Ray Cyrus Defends Miley's Controversial Pole Dancing
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP1 of 8
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP2 of 8
- Photo: Eric Charbonneau/WireImage.com3 of 8
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP4 of 8
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP5 of 8
- Photo: Dan Steinberg/Invision/AP6 of 8
- Photo: MARK HUMPHREY/Invision/AP7 of 8
More Celeb News
- 'Saved by the Bell' Movie's Taylor Russell Books Recurring Role on TNT&amMSNEntertainment 9/19/2014 10:00:00 AM
- Celebrate 'Talk Like a Pirate Day' With Historical Doc 'Last Hijack&aMSNEntertainment 9/19/2014 9:53:00 AM
- Joan Rivers May Be Gone, But She Still Plans on Buying iPhone 6MSNEntertainment 9/19/2014 9:51:00 AM
- Jazz at Lincoln Center opens season with 'Ochas'MSNEntertainment 9/19/2014 9:29:16 AM
- Amber Heard Joins Channing Tatum in 'Magic Mike' Sequel (Exclusive)MSNEntertainment 9/19/2014 9:16:00 AM
- 'Saved by the Bell' Movie's Taylor Russell Books Recurring Role on TNT&am
By Melissa Hunter
Miley controversy #97 was spawned last week when she danced next to a metal pole at the Teen Choice Awards, which many thought was something that should be limited to strippers. Or at least girls over 18.
But her father, Billy Ray Cyrus, has finally spoken out in defense of her provocative performance. When asked about the show, Billy Ray told Access Hollywood that Miley is focused on entertaining, saying "You know what? I just think that Miley loves entertaining people. She loves singing [and] songwriting."
Miley has seemed to learn how to drown out the inundation of criticism she receives, often for behaving "beyond her years" and her father may be to credit for that. He said, "I always tell her to love what you're doing and stay focused for the love of the art and not worry so much about opinion."
Considering the number of unstable Hollywood dads these days, it's good to see that a father is sticking up for and supporting his child. Even if he does seem a little bit creepy from time to time.
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTGorgeous Gwen
From Crowd Ignite