Bobby Brown Charged With DUI in Los Angeles
- Photo: RMB/ZOJ/WENN1 of 22
- Photo: Mel Evans/Invision/AP2 of 22
- Photo: EARL GIBSON III/Invision/AP3 of 22
- Photo: Paul Smith/FeatureFlash/Retna Ltd.4 of 22
- Photo: Sara De Boer/Retna Ltd.5 of 22
- Photo: WireImage.com6 of 22
- Photo: Retna Digital7 of 22
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage.com8 of 22
- Photo: Mel Evans/Invision/AP9 of 22
- Photo: Lenny Baker/Retna Digital10 of 22
- Photo: Invision/AP11 of 22
- Photo: Splash News12 of 22
- Photo: RHODA BIRNDORF/Invision/AP13 of 22
- Photo: PIER PAOLO CITO/Invision/AP14 of 22
- Photo: JOE CAVARETTA/Invision/AP15 of 22
- Photo: NC1/WENN16 of 22
- Photo: CHRISTINE NESBITT/Invision/AP17 of 22
- Photo: LARRY BUSACA/Invision/AP18 of 22
- Photo: CARL SEIBERT/Invision/AP19 of 22
- Photo: LAURA RAUCH/Invision/AP20 of 22
- Photo: Invision/AP21 of 22
More Celeb News
- Former Napster COO Struck by Cop Car, Killed During Bicycle RideMSNEntertainment 12/9/2013 7:27:16 AM
- 10 Oscar Lessons From the First Blitz of Critics' AwardsMSNEntertainment 12/8/2013 11:58:45 PM
- 'Hobbit' Sequel's High Frame Rate Theaters Nearly Doubled But Warner BroMSNEntertainment 12/8/2013 11:36:29 PM
- Leighton Meester to Make Broadway Debut Opposite James Franco in 'Of Mice and Men'MSNEntertainment 12/8/2013 9:00:07 PM
- How Hollywood Infiltrated Miami's Art Basel (Photos)MSNEntertainment 12/8/2013 7:56:35 PM
- Former Napster COO Struck by Cop Car, Killed During Bicycle Ride
LOS ANGELES (AP) -- Bobby Brown was charged Wednesday with three misdemeanor charges including drunken driving, two days after his afternoon arrest in suburban Los Angeles.
RELATED: Check out photos of Whitney's life
Brown faces two DUI-related counts and a charge that he was driving on a suspended license, city attorney's spokesman Frank Mateljan said. One of the counts alleged the R&B singer had a blood alcohol level of more than 0.08 percent, the level at which is presumed to be driving under the influence.
A phone message for Brown's attorney, Tiffany Feder, was not immediately returned. Earlier in the day, she released a statement denying the singer was driving unsafely when he was pulled over by the California Highway Patrol on Monday afternoon.
The agency said Brown was initially stopped because he was seen talking on a cellphone without a hands-free unit, but the officer suspected the singer was impaired. Brown failed a field sobriety test, according to the CHP.
RELATED: Unconventional Hollywood families
He was released from jail without having to post bail.
"Mr. Brown is taking this matter seriously and an investigation is under way," Feder said in the statement released before her client was charged. "The legal process shall run its course."
Brown could face up to six months in jail on the DUI counts if convicted. His first court appearance is scheduled for April 16.
He is the ex-husband of singer Whitney Houston, who drowned in a bathtub on the eve of the Grammy Awards in February. He made a brief appearance at her funeral but left before the service began.
RELATED: People remember Whitney
From Julianne Hough to Duchess Kate, see some of our favorite celebrities hair transformationsWatch Video »
Khloe Kardashian, Jennifer Hudson, and Christina Hendricks all get an F on this week's Fashion OffendersWatch Video »
From George and Sandra to Taylor and Ed, see more of Hollywood's platonic pairs.Watch Video »
From Ariana Grande to Kylie Jenner, see some of Hollywood's newest romances on Wonderwall Replay hosted by Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Katy Perry, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley, and Lady Gaga all get an F on this week's Fashion OffendersWatch Video »
Candace Cameron Bure talks to WW's Chris Gardner about "Full House" reruns, her famous brother and finding her purpose in life through faith.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTAdele's PDA
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite