Bobby Brown turns himself in to begin sentence for DUI conviction
- Photo: AR4/WENN1 of 9
- Photo: Dan Jackman/WENN2 of 9
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/WireImage3 of 9
- Photo: RMB/ZOJ/WENN4 of 9
- Photo: Invision/AP5 of 9
- Photo: Mel Evans/Invision/AP6 of 9
- Photo: Twitter/.7 of 9
- Photo: Marcus Huffman/WENN8 of 9
More Celeb News
- Teen Wolf Renewed for a Fifth Season MSNEntertainment 7/24/2014 4:58:00 PM
- ESPN's SEC Network Scores Carriage Deal With Time Warner Cable, Bright HouseMSNEntertainment 7/24/2014 4:48:00 PM
- Museums plan Piero di Cosimo exhibit in US, ItalyMSNEntertainment 7/24/2014 4:37:49 PM
- Christopher Nolan, Matthew McConaughey Offer Early Look at 'Interstellar'MSNEntertainment 7/24/2014 4:21:00 PM
- Dwayne Johnson holds surprise 'Hercules' screeningMSNEntertainment 7/24/2014 4:16:28 PM
- Teen Wolf Renewed for a Fifth Season
LOS ANGELES (AP) -- Bobby Brown has surrendered to authorities and will begin a 55-day jail sentence for a driving under the influence conviction.
Brown's attorney and a spokesman for the city attorney's office say the R&B singer turned himself in at a Los Angeles courthouse Wednesday.
Brown pleaded no contest to DUI and driving on a suspended license in February. He will also be required to serve four years on informal probation and complete an 18-month alcohol treatment program after he is released.
The conviction is Brown's second for DUI in less than a year. He avoided jail after pleading no contest to a March 2012 drunk driving case.
The 44-year-old New Edition singer is the ex-husband of deceased singer Whitney Houston.
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
Best B-Day Ever?
Chrissy Teigen, Katy Perry and Lady Gaga spotlight their pooches on today's Celeb Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Kim Kardashian and Kanye West to Mila Kunis and Ashton Kutcher, check out the cutest celeb PDA.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTStylish Mama
From Crowd Ignite