Debbie Rowe's Massive 'Final Payday' for Michael Jackson Kids?Related: Hot Gossip, Michael Jackson
- Photo: Splash News1 of 4
- Photo: AP2 of 4
- Photo: Mark J. Terrill/AP3 of 4
More Celeb News
- Phase 4 Films Seals Financing Deal With Aver Media Finance (Exclusive)MSNEntertainment 5/22/2013 10:55:00 AM
- 'Twilight,' 'Iron Man 3' Lead First Wave of Teen Choice Awards NMSNEntertainment 5/22/2013 10:25:15 AM
- Cannes: Top French Filmmaker Olivier Assayas to Make First U.S. FilmMSNEntertainment 5/22/2013 10:01:06 AM
- USA Orders Comedy Pilot From 'Fairly Legal' EP Peter OckoMSNEntertainment 5/22/2013 9:47:08 AM
- A Peek Into the Soul of the Great Cinematographer Gordon Willis (Videos)MSNEntertainment 5/22/2013 9:36:06 AM
- Phase 4 Films Seals Financing Deal With Aver Media Finance (Exclusive)
Is Debbie Rowe looking to pocket one last lump sum from ex-husband Michael Jackson? So claims the New York Post, which says she's looking to receive an estimated $4 million from Michael's mother, Katherine, in order to avoid a custody battle over Prince, 12, and Paris, 11, the two children she gave birth to while married to the late King of Pop.
"It's one final payday," a "disgusted" Jackson family friend harrumphs to the Post. "They felt it was like a ransom-type thing. [Rowe] jumped back into the picture because she wanted money."
Not so, insists Rowe's attorney, who is demanding an "immediate retraction" from the Post over the story, which he calls "reprehensible" and filled with "blatant falsehoods."
"Ms. Rowe has not accepted -- and will not accept -- any additional financial consideration beyond the spousal support she and Michael Jackson personally agreed to several years ago," her lawyer, Eric George, declares in a letter sent to the tab (via TMZ.com), which also states that Rowe "has not and will not give up her parental rights."
Debbie was well-compensated for her labor pains after she and Jackson divorced in 1999, reportedly receiving about $5 million in cash, a Beverly Hills mansion, and another $900,000 annually for several years, seemingly in exchange for relinquishing her claim on the kids, whose paternity has yet to be fully established.
RELATED: Wonderwall on Facebook
Meanwhile, on the heels of a report from the London Sunday Mirror that Rowe has been trying to hammer out an agreement with Katherine that would ensure Paris and Prince are kept far from the unseemly clutches of Michael's father, Joe, RadarOnline.com reports she's adamant about the issue.
"Debbie is absolutely steadfast that Joe Jackson not be involved whatsoever in the children's lives," says a source. "Michael regaled Debbie with what a horrible father Joe was, and Debbie doesn't want the children exposed to that. Debbie is navigating a minefield right now of emotions, but she will make sure that Joe Jackson isn't involved in their daily lives."
There have been rumblings that Grandpa Joe is considering sending the previously rarely seen Prince and Paris out on the road next year with 7-year-old brother Blanket (born via unknown surrogate) as The Jackson 3, an ambition he hinted at last week during a sit-down with ABC News.
"I keep watching Paris," he creepily said. "She ... wants to do something." And Blanket, he added, "can really dance."
But the Post's source insists it won't happen: "That's something the family would absolutely not tolerate."
Still, Joe's recent comments about how he and Katherine, from whom he has reportedly lived apart for several years, should be the ones to raise the kids because "there's no one else to do what we can do for them," supposedly didn't sit well with Rowe.
RELATED: Friends Mourn Michael Jackson
"She became so upset that she was reduced to tears," the spy tells Radar.
A hearing is currently scheduled for July 20 in Los Angeles Superior Court to determine temporary guardianship of the tykes.
- Party AnimalsCheck out some of Hollywood's biggest party animals.Watch Video »
- Carrie's ChangesSee how this country cutie has changed her looks over the years.Watch Video »
- Moving OutRobert Pattinson has moved out of the house he shared with Kristen Stewart, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders.Watch Video »
- Who Am I?Check out how Vin Diesel, Paul Walker and more stars of "Fast & Furious 6" looked when they were in high school.Watch Video »
- LovebirdsFind out what Jessica Alba and Cash Warren tweeted to each other on their fifth wedding anniversary on today's Celebs Gone Social ...Watch Video »
- Worst LooksCheck out some of Rihanna's worst wardrobe choices on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
- What's Sexy?Heidi Klum hangs with two comedy legends and shares what she finds most sexy in a man on today's Celebs Gone Social ...Watch Video »
- Sexy SecretsVictoria's Secret model Adriana Lima talks about the What's Sexy list, her model friends and more with Wonderwall.Watch Video »
- American TravelsGet the Prince's travel details on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
- Birthday GirlTori Spelling turns 40, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
- Fashion OffendersFlorence Welch, Zoe Saldana, and Ali Larter all get an F on this week's Fashion OffendersWatch Video »
- Bikini BurnsFrom Kim Kardashian to Jessica Alba, see the worst celeb sunburns.Watch Video »
- Double TroubleFrom the Olsens to the Mowrys, see some of Hollywood's most famous twins.Watch Video »
- Roasted?Lindsay Lohan refuses to be roasted, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
- Beach WorkoutsFrom Julianne Hough to Alessandra Ambrosio, see celebs who get their fitness on in the sand.Watch Video »
- Miley's MusicMiley Cyrus mixes music and fashion while ignoring her relationship status, on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
- Royal AdviceSnooki gives Prince Harry some advice, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
- Country CutiesCheck out the hottest couples in country music.Watch Video »
- Queen's FeastBeyonce had a major feast in Dublin, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
- Bump DebutSelena Gomez breaks some pregnancy news on Twitter on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
- Crazy QuotesCheck out some of Gwyneth Paltrow's craziest quotes.Watch Video »
From Videos of Wonderwall
From MSN Entertainment
From Crowd Ignite