- Photo: Invision/AP1 of 5
- Photo: Ida Mae Astute/Retna Digital2 of 5
- Photo: Gary Gershoff/Retna Ltd.3 of 5
- Photo: Retna Digital4 of 5
More Celeb News
- Showtime's 'Californication' Returns for 7th and Final Season in AprilMSNEntertainment 12/9/2013 11:21:21 AM
- Broadcast Shows Nearly As Violent as Cable, Study FindsMSNEntertainment 12/9/2013 10:53:47 AM
- 'Bonnie & Clyde' Mini Delivers 9.8 Million Viewers for A&E NetworkMSNEntertainment 12/9/2013 10:33:14 AM
- CBS Orders Mark Burnett, Roma Downey Miniseries 'Dovekeepers'MSNEntertainment 12/9/2013 10:26:31 AM
- 'Suits' Returning to USA Network Thursdays as Lead-in for Denis Leary Comedy &MSNEntertainment 12/9/2013 10:15:54 AM
- Showtime's 'Californication' Returns for 7th and Final Season in April
By Kat Giantis
When Britney Spears brings her Circus tour to London next month, she'll be surrounded by all the comforts of home -- a fresher, moister and brighter version of home. CBS News has unearthed the list of demands the fan-inciting popster has issued to the swanky Dorchester Hotel, where she'll be based during her British concert dates.
Her main requirement (besides that all-important stripper pole, of course): a room that has never been exposed to cigarette smoke, which seems like an odd request given Brit's longtime tendency to give in to her nicotine cravings.
Other must-have items include multiple humidifiers; fresh flowers that she'll supposedly "arrange herself"; a stack of current magazines (something tells us she prefers People to the New Republic); a sampling of the latest "topical chick lit"; DVDs of her fave Marilyn Monroe flicks; and bright lighting, preferably emanating from 100-watt bulbs.
On the local front, Spears reportedly wants to hit the theater, including taking in the Michael Jackson-based "Thriller Live," along with a VIP tour of Kensington Palace, the onetime home of the late Princess Diana.
"She travels with a picture of Diana and Marilyn at all times," says a source, "and thinks they are great, powerful women."
Brit has also supposedly requested information on jogging routes and horseback riding, along with alternate ways to get to the hotel in case the paparazzi are in pursuit.
One thing the Dorchester won't have to worry about is where Spears will lay her weary, extension-covered head at night. CBS News says she travels with her own pillows.
But will the smoke-averse star soon be traveling with her own oxygen chamber, a la the aforementioned Jackson?
So claims the London Sun, which believes Britney plans to cough up $22,000 for the device.
"Since her Vancouver gig, where she ran offstage as it was too smoky, she's become paranoid about breathing in too much bad air," contends a source. "She's keen on an oxygen chamber that will reverse any smoke inhalation damage."
We're sure Brit's 3-year-old son, Sean Preston, will be happy to hear that, not only because he's occasionally been subjected to his mom's second-hand smoke, but also because he's joining her on tour.
OK! magazine says Sean and Jayden James, 2, are heading to London after getting the go-ahead from dad Kevin Federline.
K-Fed's attorney says he's "more than happy to help facilitate Britney being able to see the boys on the European leg of the tour," adding that Spears "should not have to sacrifice visits with her boys while pursuing her career. Kevin has even been able to make sure that Britney can maintain the boys' regular schedule, even though she's on tour."
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTGrammy Nominees
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite