Chris Brown: Oprah's Rihanna-Inspired Show Was a 'Slap in My Face'Related: Hot Gossip, Chris Brown, Rihanna
- Photo: MVP/X171 of 8
- Photo: AP2 of 8
- Photo: Benassi/Splash News3 of 8
- Photo: Evan Agostini/AP4 of 8
- Photo: Rick Loomis/AP5 of 8
- Photo: Walik Goshorn/Retna Ltd.6 of 8
- Photo: Evan Agostini/AP7 of 8
More Celeb News
- Mike Darnell Talks Fox Exit, 'American Idol,' Whether 'X Factor'MSNEntertainment 5/24/2013 4:46:42 PM
- 3 Reasons Lena Dunham Can't Laugh Off 'Girls' Porn ParodyMSNEntertainment 5/24/2013 4:35:33 PM
- YouTube's Most Popular Rappers Are White and Nerdy - and Bigger Than Bieber, PSYMSNEntertainment 5/24/2013 4:00:39 PM
- 'The East' Filmmakers Go From Dumpster-Diving to Sundance Darlings ... and Get a TMSNEntertainment 5/24/2013 3:43:13 PM
- WME Signs Departing Fox Exec Mike Darnell (Exclusive)MSNEntertainment 5/24/2013 2:11:54 PM
- Mike Darnell Talks Fox Exit, 'American Idol,' Whether 'X Factor'
Turns out Chris Brown's unconvincing attempt at contrition during his sit-down with Larry King this week was just one of the missteps he made on his "sorry about that thing I did to Rihanna" image rehabilitation tour (a less serious one: wearing a baby blue sweater with complementary bow tie on national TV).
In a new interview with People magazine, the singer, 20, is asked about the domestic violence-themed show Oprah Winfrey did in response to his February assault on his former flame (she dedicated it to "all the Rihannas of the world"), and he chooses an egregiously insensitive turn of phrase to describe his feelings.
"I commend Oprah on being like, 'This is a problem,' but it was a slap in my face," says Brown, who unfortunately knows far too much about slaps (and other blows) to the face. "I did a lot of stuff for her, like going to Africa and performing for her school. She could've been more helpful, like, 'Okay, I'm going to help both of these people out.'"
If you find it presumptuous and off-putting that he feels entitled to sympathy and assistance from the most powerful woman in media after he brutally beat his girlfriend, you're not alone.
"Oprah is very appreciative that Chris Brown performed at her school, but she takes domestic abuse very seriously," the Big O's rep said in a statement (via TMZ). "She hopes he gets the counseling he needs."
During the Rihanna-inspired show, Oprah warned viewers about the vicious cycle of domestic violence.
"If you go back with a man who hits you, it's because you don't think you're worthy of being with a man who won't," she said. "I've said before love doesn't hurt, and if a man hits you once, he will hit you again."
At least one insider familiar with Brown's endorsement deals believes his decision to criticize Winfrey for her lack of support could tank his comeback before it even begins.
"He's done," the source tells MSNBC.com. "Whatever goodwill he had, he's totally ruined it by saying that. What was he thinking? And who the hell goes up against Oprah? It just shows he doesn't think. No one is going to want him as the face of their brand."
As part of his jail-avoiding guilty plea for felony assault, Brown is banned from communicating with Rihanna for the next five years, a condition he tells People "might have been a little harsh. She knows me, and I know her more than anybody. It's hard."
Read more Hot Gossip
- Chief BeefKaty Perry incites a Twitter feud with a 17-year-old rapper. Get the dirty details on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
- Fashion BluesKourtney Kardashian, Vanessa Hudgens and Tara Reid all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
- Fights & FeudsGet the scoop on some of the most recent Hollywood feuds on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
- Svelte BodKhloe Kardashian showed off her svelte figure, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders.Watch Video »
- Last TripGet the scoop on Kim’s final pre-baby Parisian getaway on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
- Magic LoveThe stars of "Now You See Me" chat learning magic tricks and experiencing the real deal.Watch Video »
- Workout ObsessedGwyneth Paltrow works out for two hours a day, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
- Twitter AttackFind out who went after Kendall Jenner on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social ...Watch Video »
- 'Fast' TalkWatch as the cast of "Fast & furious 6" talk about getting injuries while filming, getting jacked and a whole lot more.Watch Video »
- Feeling SwollenKim Kardashian says her pregnancy lips are out of control, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders.Watch Video »
- Party AnimalsCheck out some of Hollywood's biggest party animals.Watch Video »
- Carrie's ChangesSee how this country cutie has changed her looks over the years.Watch Video »
- Moving OutRobert Pattinson has moved out of the house he shared with Kristen Stewart, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders.Watch Video »
- Who Am I?Check out how Vin Diesel, Paul Walker and more stars of "Fast & Furious 6" looked when they were in high school.Watch Video »
- LovebirdsFind out what Jessica Alba and Cash Warren tweeted to each other on their fifth wedding anniversary on today's Celebs Gone Social ...Watch Video »
- Worst LooksCheck out some of Rihanna's worst wardrobe choices on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
- What's Sexy?Heidi Klum hangs with two comedy legends and shares what she finds most sexy in a man on today's Celebs Gone Social ...Watch Video »
- Sexy SecretsVictoria's Secret model Adriana Lima talks about the What's Sexy list, her model friends and more with Wonderwall.Watch Video »
- American TravelsGet the Prince's travel details on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
- Birthday GirlTori Spelling turns 40, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
- Fashion OffendersFlorence Welch, Zoe Saldana, and Ali Larter all get an F on this week's Fashion OffendersWatch Video »
From Videos of Wonderwall
From MSN Entertainment
From Crowd Ignite