Adele Didn't Angrily Confront Chris Brown at the Grammys
- Photo: Getty Images/Christopher Polk/Wonderwall1 of 9
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage2 of 9
- Photo: Lester Cohen/WireImage3 of 9
- Photo: @theellenshow/Twitter4 of 9
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/Invision/AP5 of 9
- Photo: Fame Flynet6 of 9
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP7 of 9
- Photo: RMBI SWIS/GSI8 of 9
More Celeb News
- 10 Oscar Lessons From the First Blitz of Critics' AwardsMSNEntertainment 12/8/2013 11:58:45 PM
- 'Hobbit' Sequel's High Frame Rate Theaters Nearly Doubled But Warner BroMSNEntertainment 12/8/2013 11:36:29 PM
- Leighton Meester to Make Broadway Debut Opposite James Franco in 'Of Mice and Men'MSNEntertainment 12/8/2013 9:00:07 PM
- How Hollywood Infiltrated Miami's Art Basel (Photos)MSNEntertainment 12/8/2013 7:56:35 PM
- '20 Feet From Stardom' Stars to Sing National Anthem at Rose BowlMSNEntertainment 12/8/2013 7:04:02 PM
- 10 Oscar Lessons From the First Blitz of Critics' Awards
Chris Brown has a few enemies and detractors in the music world -- but Adele isn't one of them. In a widely-circulated photo taken inside the Staples Center during the 2013 Grammys on Sunday, the beloved songstress, 24, appears to be yelling at a sheepish-looking Brown, 23.
Many assumed the "Set Fire to the Rain" singer objected to Brown's frosty reception to rival Frank Ocean's Best Contemporary Album win -- and/or perhaps his unendingly controversial relationship with Rihanna. As it turns out, Adele and Brown were just making nice!
"Chris Brown and I were complimenting each other in that photo actually," Adele explained to her 11.5 million followers on Twitter of her exchange with the "Don't Wake Me Up" singer. Another new pal for Adele on Grammys night? Presenter Jennifer Lopez, who thwarted the attempts of Vitalii Sediuk, a Ukrainian TV presenter and prankster who nearly ruined Adele's acceptance speech for her Best Solo Pop performance.
As Adele (clad in Valentino) ascended the podium, Sediuk attempted to bum-rush Adele when Lopez, 43, shot him a dirty look and shooed him away.
"You're like my good luck charm," she told Lopez. Thanking the audience, Adele added: "Thank you so much. This is amazing. I just wanted to come and be part of the night because I loved it last year, obviously."
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
From Julianne Hough to Duchess Kate, see some of our favorite celebrities hair transformationsWatch Video »
From George and Sandra to Taylor and Ed, see more of Hollywood's platonic pairs.Watch Video »
Katy Perry, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley, and Lady Gaga all get an F on this week's Fashion OffendersWatch Video »
Candace Cameron Bure talks to WW's Chris Gardner about "Full House" reruns, her famous brother and finding her purpose in life through faith.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTAdele's PDA
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite