Adele sues over fake sex tape
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage1 of 22
- Photo: John Shearer/WireImage2 of 22
- Photo: KRUG/OHLENBOSTEL/StarTraks3 of 22
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage4 of 22
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP5 of 22
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage.com6 of 22
- Photo: Columbia Records/.7 of 22
- Photo: @OfficialAdele/Twitter8 of 22
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage9 of 22
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage.com10 of 22
- Photo: GF/Bauer-Griffin11 of 22
- Photo: GF/Bauer-Griffin12 of 22
- Photo: WENN13 of 22
- Photo: Kyle Rover/StarTraks14 of 22
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage15 of 22
- Photo: WireImage16 of 22
- Photo: Mert Alas and Marcus Pigott/Vogue17 of 22
- Photo: Mert Alas and Marcus Pigott/Vogue18 of 22
- Photo: Mert Alas and Marcus Pigott/Vogue19 of 22
- Photo: GF/Bauer-Griffin20 of 22
- Photo: @adele/Twitter21 of 22
More Celeb News
- AP Top Premium Entertainment Headlines At 8:16 a.m. EDTMSNEntertainment 4/16/2014 4:40:15 AM
- 'Transcendence' Review: Johnny Depp Is a Ghost in the Machine in This Bug-Riddled MSNEntertainment 4/15/2014 9:01:00 PM
- Bad Bangs: The Making of Billy Bob Thornton's Demented Fargo LookMSNEntertainment 4/15/2014 8:46:00 PM
- 'Roswell' Stars to Reunite at ATX Television FestivalMSNEntertainment 4/15/2014 7:20:00 PM
- 'Heaven Is for Real' Review: Even Skeptics Can Find This Tale Humane and Even-HandMSNEntertainment 4/15/2014 7:05:00 PM
- AP Top Premium Entertainment Headlines At 8:16 a.m. EDT
By firstname.lastname@example.org (WENN Newsdesk)
Adele has launched legal action against a French magazine over false claims of a sex tape featuring the star, insisting the allegation is "untrue and grossly defamatory."
The Grammy-winning singer acted swiftly on Friday after editors at Public magazine published photographs they claimed were taken from footage of the "Someone Like You" hit maker.
RELATED: Grammy Fashion Hits and Misses
Adele has revealed the images are fake and has vowed to take legal action against the publication, branding the report a disgusting lie.
In a statement issued to the MailOnline, Adele's lawyer says, "We are informed that the French magazine Public has today published images which it claims show our client in a sex tape. Our client has not appeared in a sex tape as it (is) claimed in the article. Our client does not appear in the photographs."
RELATED: 2012 Grammy Awards
"Such claims are untrue and grossly defamatory. Our client is taking legal action in relation to this matter."
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "Sabrina the Teenage Witch" is up to today.Watch Video »
Justin Bieber makes a surprise appearance at Coachella where Selena Gomez happens to be hanging out with the Jenner sisters on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
MTV Red Carpet
Get a front-row seat to the 2014 MTV Movie Awards with Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Britney Spears, Cindy Crawford and Vanessa Hudgens show their siblings some love on today's Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
Where are they?
See where the former cast of "The Girls Next Door" is today.Watch Video »
Nick Cannon debuts his latest hairstyle -- a skunk-colored ‘do -- on today's Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite