Adele sues over fake sex tape
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage1 of 22
- Photo: John Shearer/WireImage2 of 22
- Photo: KRUG/OHLENBOSTEL/StarTraks3 of 22
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage4 of 22
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP5 of 22
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage.com6 of 22
- Photo: Columbia Records/.7 of 22
- Photo: @OfficialAdele/Twitter8 of 22
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage9 of 22
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage.com10 of 22
- Photo: GF/Bauer-Griffin11 of 22
- Photo: GF/Bauer-Griffin12 of 22
- Photo: WENN13 of 22
- Photo: Kyle Rover/StarTraks14 of 22
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage15 of 22
- Photo: WireImage16 of 22
- Photo: Mert Alas and Marcus Pigott/Vogue17 of 22
- Photo: Mert Alas and Marcus Pigott/Vogue18 of 22
- Photo: Mert Alas and Marcus Pigott/Vogue19 of 22
- Photo: GF/Bauer-Griffin20 of 22
- Photo: @adele/Twitter21 of 22
More Celeb News
- 'American Horror Story: Freak Show' Casts 'All My Children' Vet MSNEntertainment 7/24/2014 10:32:00 AM
- Aaron McGruder's 'Black Jesus' Somehow Draws Anger From Family GroupMSNEntertainment 7/24/2014 10:10:00 AM
- Exclusive: General Hospital Supercouple Nancy Lee Grahn, William deVry Answer Fan QuestionsMSNEntertainment 7/24/2014 8:59:00 AM
- Ratings: 'Extant' Drifts Down From Second EpisodeMSNEntertainment 7/24/2014 8:56:00 AM
- Kelsey Grammer is a dad againMSNEntertainment 7/24/2014 7:50:19 AM
- 'American Horror Story: Freak Show' Casts 'All My Children' Vet
By email@example.com (WENN Newsdesk)
Adele has launched legal action against a French magazine over false claims of a sex tape featuring the star, insisting the allegation is "untrue and grossly defamatory."
The Grammy-winning singer acted swiftly on Friday after editors at Public magazine published photographs they claimed were taken from footage of the "Someone Like You" hit maker.
RELATED: Grammy Fashion Hits and Misses
Adele has revealed the images are fake and has vowed to take legal action against the publication, branding the report a disgusting lie.
In a statement issued to the MailOnline, Adele's lawyer says, "We are informed that the French magazine Public has today published images which it claims show our client in a sex tape. Our client has not appeared in a sex tape as it (is) claimed in the article. Our client does not appear in the photographs."
RELATED: 2012 Grammy Awards
"Such claims are untrue and grossly defamatory. Our client is taking legal action in relation to this matter."
Chrissy Teigen, Katy Perry and Lady Gaga spotlight their pooches on today's Celeb Gone Social.Watch Video »
Kim Kardashian flaunts her bikini bod in two bizarre Instagram video clips on location in Thailand on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Best B-Day Ever?
Selena Gomez celebrates her birthday early with a helicopter ride in Italy with new pal Cara Delevingne on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
Find out where the cast from "When Harry Met Sally" is today.Watch Video »
Let's check out some of Eva's tactics behind her baby bump secret on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Nick Cannon shows off a new cheetah print hairstyle on today's Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTWeek In Photos
From Crowd Ignite