Adele sues over fake sex tape
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage1 of 22
- Photo: John Shearer/WireImage2 of 22
- Photo: KRUG/OHLENBOSTEL/StarTraks3 of 22
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage4 of 22
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP5 of 22
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage.com6 of 22
- Photo: Columbia Records/.7 of 22
- Photo: @OfficialAdele/Twitter8 of 22
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage9 of 22
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage.com10 of 22
- Photo: GF/Bauer-Griffin11 of 22
- Photo: GF/Bauer-Griffin12 of 22
- Photo: WENN13 of 22
- Photo: Kyle Rover/StarTraks14 of 22
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage15 of 22
- Photo: WireImage16 of 22
- Photo: Mert Alas and Marcus Pigott/Vogue17 of 22
- Photo: Mert Alas and Marcus Pigott/Vogue18 of 22
- Photo: Mert Alas and Marcus Pigott/Vogue19 of 22
- Photo: GF/Bauer-Griffin20 of 22
- Photo: @adele/Twitter21 of 22
More Celeb News
- Rooney Mara in Negotiations to Play Tiger Lily in Warner Bros.' 'Pan'MSNEntertainment 3/12/2014 11:40:00 AM
- 'Mad Men's' Matthew Weiner Q&A: Are We Over-Analyzing TV?MSNEntertainment 3/12/2014 11:25:00 AM
- Sony Overhauls 'Smurfs' Franchise, Plans 'Popeye' MovieMSNEntertainment 3/12/2014 10:20:00 AM
- Body of Proof's Nic Bishop Joins Covert AffairsMSNEntertainment 3/12/2014 10:18:00 AM
- CBS Renews The Big Bang Theory for Three More SeasonsMSNEntertainment 3/12/2014 9:58:00 AM
- Rooney Mara in Negotiations to Play Tiger Lily in Warner Bros.' 'Pan'
By firstname.lastname@example.org (WENN Newsdesk)
Adele has launched legal action against a French magazine over false claims of a sex tape featuring the star, insisting the allegation is "untrue and grossly defamatory."
The Grammy-winning singer acted swiftly on Friday after editors at Public magazine published photographs they claimed were taken from footage of the "Someone Like You" hit maker.
RELATED: Grammy Fashion Hits and Misses
Adele has revealed the images are fake and has vowed to take legal action against the publication, branding the report a disgusting lie.
In a statement issued to the MailOnline, Adele's lawyer says, "We are informed that the French magazine Public has today published images which it claims show our client in a sex tape. Our client has not appeared in a sex tape as it (is) claimed in the article. Our client does not appear in the photographs."
RELATED: 2012 Grammy Awards
"Such claims are untrue and grossly defamatory. Our client is taking legal action in relation to this matter."
From Brad Pitt to Ian Somerhalder, see some of Hollywood's sexiest vampires.Watch Video »
Where are they?
See where the cast of "Cruel Intentions" is today.Watch Video »
Check out Sandra Bullock's fabulous and colorful style.Watch Video »
Find out what Oscar winners Jared Leto and Lupita Nyong’o have been up to since the Academy Awards on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Channing Tatum to Jennifer Lawrence, see which celebs got their start modeling.Watch Video »
Better with age
See which stars just get better with age.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite