Adele's dad 'devastated' by comments
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage1 of 16
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP2 of 16
- Photo: Kyle Rover/StarTraks3 of 16
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage4 of 16
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage5 of 16
- Photo: John Shearer/WireImage6 of 16
- Photo: WireImage7 of 16
- Photo: Mert Alas and Marcus Pigott/Vogue8 of 16
- Photo: Mert Alas and Marcus Pigott/Vogue9 of 16
- Photo: Mert Alas and Marcus Pigott/Vogue10 of 16
- Photo: KRUG/OHLENBOSTEL/StarTraks11 of 16
- Photo: GF/Bauer-Griffin12 of 16
- Photo: @adele/Twitter13 of 16
- Photo: GF/Bauer-Griffin14 of 16
- Photo: GF/Bauer-Griffin15 of 16
More Celeb News
- Lake Bell to Direct 'The Emperor's Children' for Brian Grazer, ImagineMSNEntertainment 8/26/2014 4:15:00 PM
- Black TV Producer Mistaken for Bank Robber: Beverly Hills PD 'Deeply Regrets' ErroMSNEntertainment 8/26/2014 3:46:00 PM
- Ad Spending to Hit Record $172 Billion Next Year; Digital to Overtake in 2017MSNEntertainment 8/26/2014 3:23:00 PM
- Pierce Brosnan Spy Thriller 'November Man' Targets Older Action Fans at Box OfficeMSNEntertainment 8/26/2014 3:09:00 PM
- 'Babel's' Adriana Barraza to Play Pablo Escobar's Mother in NetfMSNEntertainment 8/26/2014 3:00:00 PM
- Lake Bell to Direct 'The Emperor's Children' for Brian Grazer, Imagine
By firstname.lastname@example.org (WENN Newsdesk)
Adele's estranged father is "devastated" after the soul superstar declared she would "spit in his face" if she ever saw him again.
The Grammy-winning singer's father Mark Evans split from Adele's mother Penny when she was just three years old and the star has had little contact with him over the last decade. Evans sold his side of the story to a British tabloid last year, but the candid chat left Adele fuming and she is adamant any chance of a reunion has now been dashed for good.
She recently told America's Vogue magazine, "I was actually ready to start trying to have a relationship with him. He's f------ blown it ... He will never hear from me again ... If I ever see him I will spit in his face."
Evans has reached out to Adele in an interview with Britain's Daily Mail, admitting her comments hit him hard.
"I can't believe she said that," he told the publication. "It's devastating. I don't know where it's come from."
RELATED: 2012 Grammy Awards
Evans claims he last spoke to Adele at Christmas and although their communication was brief, he wished her well in her new relationship with Simon Konecki.
He adds, "He seems a lovely chap. They're made in heaven together. She deserves to be loved. It would be lovely for Adele to have a nice guy in her life and settle down."
Jennifer Lopez reunites with Casper Smart, plus more famous friendly exes on Replay, hosted by Wonderwall's Jessica Wedemeyer.Watch Video »
Get the scoop on Bradley Bayou's dress design that Oprah wore to the Emmy Awards.Watch Video »
Beyonce does her best to prove that her family life is just perfect on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out Kaley Cuoco's cutest canine-centric posts on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out Jessica Alba's baseball skills on today's Celebs Gone Social, hosted by Wonderwall Editor Jessica Wedemeyer.Watch Video »
From Ariana Grande to Gwyneth Paltrow, get the romance rumors on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
From Crowd Ignite