Adele's dad 'devastated' by comments
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage1 of 16
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP2 of 16
- Photo: Kyle Rover/StarTraks3 of 16
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage4 of 16
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage5 of 16
- Photo: John Shearer/WireImage6 of 16
- Photo: WireImage7 of 16
- Photo: Mert Alas and Marcus Pigott/Vogue8 of 16
- Photo: Mert Alas and Marcus Pigott/Vogue9 of 16
- Photo: Mert Alas and Marcus Pigott/Vogue10 of 16
- Photo: KRUG/OHLENBOSTEL/StarTraks11 of 16
- Photo: GF/Bauer-Griffin12 of 16
- Photo: @adele/Twitter13 of 16
- Photo: GF/Bauer-Griffin14 of 16
- Photo: GF/Bauer-Griffin15 of 16
More Celeb News
- What's a group selfie? Usie (pronounced uss-ee)MSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 5:22:22 AM
- 'Real Housewives of NYC' Reunion: Ramona Singer Thought LuAnn de Lesseps Was a DraMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 10:21:00 PM
- Vin Scully Will Return for 66th Season as Los Angeles Dodgers BroadcasterMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 9:36:00 PM
- Facebook Slapped With $123 Million Lawsuit Over 'Revenge Porn' PageMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 7:45:00 PM
- Brooklyn Decker, Ethan Embry Join Netflix's 'Grace & Frankie'MSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 6:16:00 PM
- What's a group selfie? Usie (pronounced uss-ee)
By email@example.com (WENN Newsdesk)
Adele's estranged father is "devastated" after the soul superstar declared she would "spit in his face" if she ever saw him again.
The Grammy-winning singer's father Mark Evans split from Adele's mother Penny when she was just three years old and the star has had little contact with him over the last decade. Evans sold his side of the story to a British tabloid last year, but the candid chat left Adele fuming and she is adamant any chance of a reunion has now been dashed for good.
She recently told America's Vogue magazine, "I was actually ready to start trying to have a relationship with him. He's f------ blown it ... He will never hear from me again ... If I ever see him I will spit in his face."
Evans has reached out to Adele in an interview with Britain's Daily Mail, admitting her comments hit him hard.
"I can't believe she said that," he told the publication. "It's devastating. I don't know where it's come from."
RELATED: 2012 Grammy Awards
Evans claims he last spoke to Adele at Christmas and although their communication was brief, he wished her well in her new relationship with Simon Konecki.
He adds, "He seems a lovely chap. They're made in heaven together. She deserves to be loved. It would be lovely for Adele to have a nice guy in her life and settle down."
Where Are They?
It's been 20 years since "Jurassic Park" came out. See what the cast of the movie is up to these days.Watch Video »
Joe Manganiello parties with new love Sofia Vergara and her family in Miami on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Selena Gomez, Zoe Saldana, and Maggie Gyllenhaal all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Check out some of January Jones' most retro wardrobe choices from over the years.Watch Video »
From Gisele Bundchen to Channing Tatum, see which celebs introduced their babies on social media on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where'd He Go?
Find out what happened to the stars of 'Garden State' after they made the hit indie film.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTBye Baby Bump
From Crowd Ignite