Adele's estranged father eyes reconciliation after baby's birth
- Photo: Dave Hogan/Getty Images North America1 of 16
- Photo: RMBI SWIS/GSI2 of 16
- Photo: WireImage3 of 16
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage4 of 16
- Photo: /WireImage/Rex USA/WireImage5 of 16
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage6 of 16
- Photo: MWD/BSC/RPK/ZOJ/ZJZ/WENN7 of 16
- Photo: Dmac/Rocstar/Miguel/Fame Flynet8 of 16
- Photo: Reuters9 of 16
- Photo: Luke MacGregor/Reuters10 of 16
- Photo: WireImage11 of 16
- Photo: Fred Duval/FilmMagic12 of 16
- Photo: Paul Bergen/Redferns/Getty Images North America13 of 16
- Photo: Stefan M. Prager/Redferns/Getty Images North America14 of 16
- Photo: Tony Oudot/FilmMagic15 of 16
More Celeb News
- '24's' Joel Surnow on Directorial Debut 'Small Time:' &MSNEntertainment 4/18/2014 3:48:00 PM
- 'Mad Men' Final Season Wish-List: What Don Draper's Fate Should Be (GuestMSNEntertainment 4/18/2014 3:22:00 PM
- The Biz: PBS Celebrates Music's Hall of FAME With Muscle ShoalsMSNEntertainment 4/18/2014 3:17:00 PM
- Lara Spencer Promoted to Co-Host on Good Morning AmericaMSNEntertainment 4/18/2014 1:36:00 PM
- Exclusive: Luke Perry Heads to Hot in ClevelandMSNEntertainment 4/18/2014 1:22:00 PM
- '24's' Joel Surnow on Directorial Debut 'Small Time:' &
Adele's estranged father has reached out to the singer in a bid to meet the singer's baby boy and become a "proper granddad."
The Grammy-winning soul sensation's dad Mark Evans, who split from Adele's mother Penny when the star was just three years old, attempted to reconcile with the singer when he learned she was pregnant last year.
Evans has spoken out once again in a bid to get in contact with his daughter. He says he just wants to meet Adele's baby son, who was born in October and is rumored to be called Angelo James, and form a bond with his grandson - but he claims his efforts to get in touch have been snubbed.
RELATED: Celebrity rivals
He tells Britain's Mail on Sunday, "I've left messages on her phone, I've written to her and I've sent her birthday and Christmas cards but it's like I'm dead to her. I'm not interested in her celebrity status or her money, I just want my daughter back and I want to be a proper granddad to the little one.
"Not only did I hear I was going to be a granddad for the first time via the media, I found out the same way that she's calling the baby Angelo James. I'd hoped so much that she'd put my late dad's name, John, in there somewhere, but alas it looks as if it is not going to be.
"[I am] missing out on so many of the joys of being a grandfather. Simple pleasures like taking him out for a walk in his buggy along the promenade at Penarth [in Wales] like I used to with Adele, then stop off for an ice cream on the way back. I want to do all the granddad stuff with him... I just want normality. I want to be like any other granddad."
In an interview which was published in Vogue magazine last year, Adele admitted she was angry at her estranged father for publicly airing his heartache, raging, "It blows my mind. 'I love her so much.' Really? Why are you telling me that through a newspaper? If I ever see him I will spit in his face."
Kim Kardashian, Emma Stone, and Solange Knowles all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Victoria Beckham, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley and Melissa Joan Hart toast their birthdays on today's Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
Lindsay Lohan, Lena Dunham, and Anne Hathaway all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Shemar Moore shouts out all his “baby girls” and shows off his impressive shirtless body on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Lady Gaga, Katy Perry, and Rita Ora all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Kim Kardashian, Kristin Davis, and Emma Stone all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite