Adele's father diagnosed with cancer
- Photo: WireImage1 of 9
- Photo: PacificCoastNews.com2 of 9
- Photo: Xposure Photos/.3 of 9
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage4 of 9
- Photo: MediaPunch Inc/Rex USA5 of 9
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage6 of 9
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP7 of 9
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage8 of 9
More Celeb News
- Scarlett Johansson's 'Lucy' Blasts Past The Rock's 'HerMSNEntertainment 7/26/2014 8:16:00 AM
- Sam Raimi Writing 'Evil Dead' TV Series That Will Include Bruce CampbellMSNEntertainment 7/25/2014 10:36:00 PM
- BuzzFeed Fires Writer Over Multiple Instances of PlagiarismMSNEntertainment 7/25/2014 9:31:00 PM
- Fox at Comic-Con: James Bond Is Whack, We're Making Movies With Balls (and Jokes)MSNEntertainment 7/25/2014 7:26:00 PM
- Sleepy Hollow Season 2: Is Ichabod a Gleek? MSNEntertainment 7/25/2014 7:21:00 PM
- Scarlett Johansson's 'Lucy' Blasts Past The Rock's 'Her
Adele's estranged father has renewed his pleas for a reconciliation with the British singer following his diagnosis with bowel cancer.
Mark Evans, who split from Adele's mother Penny when the star was just three years old, has been attempting to mend their broken relationship, but the pair remain estranged.
RELATED: Stars who fluctuate in weight
Evans has now revealed he is battling cancer and has undergone surgery to have a number of tumors removed from his stomach and bowel. He is currently awaiting the results of further tests before his treatment continues and he has issued a heartfelt plea to his daughter, requesting to meet his 11-month-old grandson, Angelo, before it is too late.
RELATED: Weirdest diet tricks
Evans tells Britain's The Sun newspaper, "I was not there for my daughter when I should have been. I have regretted that every second of every day. It tears me up inside. I still haven't met Angelo and I'm facing the fact I may never do (sic). It could be over before I get to make my peace with Adele.. I didn't want to worry Adele about the cancer, but it looks like she's not going to speak to me so I've no way of telling her [than through the media]...
"Trying to get hold of my daughter is like trying to call the U.S. President... I haven't got [Adele's] number... I sent her birthday cards via her record label, but never heard back."
Adele gave birth to Angelo, her first child with her partner Simon Konecki, in October 2012.
Get out the vote
Find out which stars attended Jennifer Lopez's birthday celebration on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Chrissy Teigen, Katy Perry and Lady Gaga spotlight their pooches on today's Celeb Gone Social.Watch Video »
Best B-Day Ever?
Selena Gomez celebrates her birthday early with a helicopter ride in Italy with new pal Cara Delevingne on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Selena Gomez, Zoe Saldana, and Maggie Gyllenhaal all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Get the scoop on Naya Rivera's wacky wedding on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Gwen Stefani shares photos from behind the scenes of a photo shoot for her Harajuku brand on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTDown-low Romance
From Crowd Ignite