Adele's father diagnosed with cancer
- Photo: WireImage1 of 9
- Photo: PacificCoastNews.com2 of 9
- Photo: Xposure Photos/.3 of 9
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage4 of 9
- Photo: MediaPunch Inc/Rex USA5 of 9
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage6 of 9
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP7 of 9
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage8 of 9
More Celeb News
- Rodriguez gives it to viewers straight with El ReyMSNEntertainment 3/10/2014 7:02:28 AM
- Efron: I'll Accept MTV Movie Award Shirtless!MSNEntertainment 3/10/2014 6:37:00 AM
- Ruffalo and Bomer Kiss In 'The Normal Heart' TeaserMSNEntertainment 3/10/2014 6:18:00 AM
- Liam Mulligan is on the case in 'Providence Rag'MSNEntertainment 3/10/2014 5:49:00 AM
- Lena Dunham Reacts to Naked Critics Makes, Deletes Molestation Joke on TwitterMSNEntertainment 3/9/2014 11:14:00 PM
- Rodriguez gives it to viewers straight with El Rey
Adele's estranged father has renewed his pleas for a reconciliation with the British singer following his diagnosis with bowel cancer.
Mark Evans, who split from Adele's mother Penny when the star was just three years old, has been attempting to mend their broken relationship, but the pair remain estranged.
RELATED: Stars who fluctuate in weight
Evans has now revealed he is battling cancer and has undergone surgery to have a number of tumors removed from his stomach and bowel. He is currently awaiting the results of further tests before his treatment continues and he has issued a heartfelt plea to his daughter, requesting to meet his 11-month-old grandson, Angelo, before it is too late.
RELATED: Weirdest diet tricks
Evans tells Britain's The Sun newspaper, "I was not there for my daughter when I should have been. I have regretted that every second of every day. It tears me up inside. I still haven't met Angelo and I'm facing the fact I may never do (sic). It could be over before I get to make my peace with Adele.. I didn't want to worry Adele about the cancer, but it looks like she's not going to speak to me so I've no way of telling her [than through the media]...
"Trying to get hold of my daughter is like trying to call the U.S. President... I haven't got [Adele's] number... I sent her birthday cards via her record label, but never heard back."
Adele gave birth to Angelo, her first child with her partner Simon Konecki, in October 2012.
Get out the vote
Where are they?
See where the cast of "Cruel Intentions" is today.Watch Video »
Rihanna, Katy Perry, and Heidi Klum all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
From Mila Kunis to Mary-Kate Olsen, get the scoop on all the engagements in Hollywood on Replay.Watch Video »
The Rock flexes massive muscle while getting sentimental on Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
Sarah Michelle Gellar talks to Wonderwall's Chris Gardner about "terrifying" paparazzi, growing veggies with her daughter, why she never went to rehab.Watch Video »
From Christina Aguilera to Jennifer Hudson, see some of Hollywood's ever-changing waistlines.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite