Adrienne Bailon on ex-boyfriend Rob Kardashian cheating: He was 'So disloyal' to me
- Photo: Dan Steinberg/Invision/AP1 of 8
- Photo: Picture Perfect/Rex USA2 of 8
- Photo: MICHAEL SIMON/StarTraks3 of 8
- Photo: Pacific Coast News4 of 8
- Photo: Dave Allocca/StarTraks5 of 8
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/Invision/AP6 of 8
- Photo: Gregg DeGuire/WireImage7 of 8
More Celeb News
- 4 Reasons Why We're Frustrated with The Mindy ProjectMSNEntertainment 9/15/2014 4:21:00 PM
- 'Space Station 76' Review: Liv Tyler and Matt Bomer Find Lust in Space in This ParMSNEntertainment 9/15/2014 4:15:00 PM
- 'Black Jesus' Star Andra Fuller to Play Sabers Owner's Son on BET&apoMSNEntertainment 9/15/2014 4:04:00 PM
- Bill Maher's 'Live From DC' Is HBO's Most-Watched Comedy SpecialMSNEntertainment 9/15/2014 3:52:00 PM
- Netflix's 'Daredevil' Casts 'Bourne' Star Scott GlennMSNEntertainment 9/15/2014 3:32:00 PM
- 4 Reasons Why We're Frustrated with The Mindy Project
The claws are coming out! Adrienne Bailon told Latina magazine in its September 2014 issue that she's tired of people ganging up on her about her ex-boyfriend, Rob Kardashian -- especially because, according to the former Disney Channel star, he was the one who betrayed her.
Bailon, 30, who first rose to fame in the Cheetah Girls trilogy, dated Kardashian from 2007 to 2009. During that time, she starred briefly on "Keeping Up With the Kardashians," but her stint on the show, according to Bailon, was not a savvy one.
"To be stuck with that Kardashian label, that was so hurtful to me and to my career," Bailon said. "I probably realized that too late -- not that it would've affected my decisions in terms of who I dated, but it would've affected my decision to appear on the show."
Bailon, who was in her early 20s at the time, confessed to Latina that she didn't think "anyone would even care." But they did, and do. "To this day, people will still say, 'You ruined Rob's life!'" Bailon revealed, "and I'll think, 'Damn, I was still playing with Barbie dolls when I met him.'"
Being young was not the only pitfall of their relationship.
"It's common knowledge that he cheated on me," Bailon said of Kris Jenner's only son, 27. "It always bothered me that people were like, 'Pero, why couldn’t you forgive him?'" She mused: "Why are women always the ones who have to forgive? If you cheated on a man, he would be like, 'You're disgusting, and I want nothing to do with you.' But women, we're supposed to be like, 'He messed up. He made a mistake.'"
Reflecting on the hurt she endured after Rob's betrayal, Bailon shared: "In my situation, it wasn't like, 'Oh my God! I made a mistake!' He strategically planned things out so that he could cheat on me, and that to me was so disloyal."
"I have not been in a relationship with Rob for six years," Bailon told Us in mid-July, "and I've been with my current boyfriend, [Roc Nation's Lenny S.], for five years. I think it's time to remove it." While she was young when she got the tattoo, Bailon said that the bold move came from an emotional high while dating the handsome reality star.
"I was genuinely in love with him and thought, 'If he's going to do this, I'm going to do this, too,'" she told Us.
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
Get out the vote
Check out some of Alessandra's hottest vacation photos from the summer.Watch Video »
From Carrie Underwood to Duchess Kate; get the pregnancy scoop on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Jennifer Lopez, Salma Hayek, and Sharon Stone all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Kim Kardashian cuddles a koala, plus more stars share their photos from adventures abroad on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where are they?
See what the cast of "Saved by the Bell" is up to today.Watch Video »
Beyonce is Hot
Check out Beyonce's all-time sexiest looks.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTHighs and Lows
From Crowd Ignite