Ailing Casey Kasem nearing death, according to wife
- Photo: DE1/WENN1 of 9
- Photo: Invision/AP2 of 9
- Photo: Getty Images North America3 of 9
- Photo: Rex USA4 of 9
- Photo: ERIC JAMISON/Invision/AP5 of 9
- Photo: M. Caulfield/WireImage/Getty Images North America6 of 9
- Photo: Todd Williamson/Invision/AP7 of 9
- Photo: REX Features/Invision/AP8 of 9
More Celeb News
- Bryan Singer Under Investigation by NYPD for Alleged Sexual AssaultMSNEntertainment 8/29/2014 11:05:00 AM
- Marvel's 'Agent Carter' Casts 'Dollhouse's' EnMSNEntertainment 8/29/2014 11:05:00 AM
- 'Exodus' Director Ridley Scott Explains Controversial Casting DecisionMSNEntertainment 8/29/2014 10:38:00 AM
- Time Warner Ends Negotiations With Vice MediaMSNEntertainment 8/29/2014 10:33:00 AM
- Ratings: 'Big Brother,' CBS Top Repeat-Heavy NightMSNEntertainment 8/29/2014 9:12:00 AM
- Bryan Singer Under Investigation by NYPD for Alleged Sexual Assault
Beloved radio personality Casey Kasem only has a few months left to live as he battles Parkinson's disease and early onset dementia, according to his wife.
Kasem's second spouse, Jean, made the revelation in court papers on Friday, as she responded to a lawsuit filed against the couple by its former housekeeper and caregiver Hilda Loza, who alleges she was mistreated during her employment.
RELATED: Most expensive weddings
Jean did not attend Friday's hearing, but in documents lodged by her lawyer, she claimed, "My husband is terminally ill and unable to leave home."
She went on to request a continuance for a few months to allow "the situation to resolve or end, unfortunately," suggesting Kasem is close to death.
Jean got her wish as the judge threw out Loza's lawsuit, ruling that the former housekeeper had failed to properly serve the Kasems with the legal action, reports TMZ.
The case dismissal will come as a relief for Jean, who is already locked in a court battle with her ailing husband's children from his previous marriage over his medical care.
RELATED: Celebs without makeup
Kasem's adult kids, Kerri, Julie and Mike, are seeking a conservatorship amid allegations their stepmother has banned them from visiting their dad as his health deteriorates.
Last week, a Los Angeles judge refused to issue an emergency conservatorship and instead ordered an independent review of the star's medical care.
Get the scoop on Bradley Bayou's dress design that Oprah wore to the Emmy Awards.Watch Video »
Rihanna strips down to a bikini while vacationing near an active volcano off the coast of Italy on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Beyonce does her best to prove that her family life is just perfect on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out Kaley Cuoco's cutest canine-centric posts on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
The guys from Rascal Flatts talk with Wonderwall editor Jessica Herndon about life on tour, crazy fan encounters and more.Watch Video »
Search For Celebrity Santa
We're on the hunt for the celebrities who could potentially fill Santa's shoes.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTVolcano Vacay
From Crowd Ignite