Ailing Casey Kasem nearing death, according to wife
- Photo: DE1/WENN1 of 9
- Photo: Invision/AP2 of 9
- Photo: Getty Images North America3 of 9
- Photo: Rex USA4 of 9
- Photo: ERIC JAMISON/Invision/AP5 of 9
- Photo: M. Caulfield/WireImage/Getty Images North America6 of 9
- Photo: Todd Williamson/Invision/AP7 of 9
- Photo: REX Features/Invision/AP8 of 9
More Celeb News
- 'Halo' makers shed light on live-action seriesMSNEntertainment 8/30/2014 3:48:47 PM
- AP Top Entertainment News At 6:22 p.m. EDTMSNEntertainment 8/30/2014 3:22:52 PM
- Made in America music festival rocks Los AngelesMSNEntertainment 8/30/2014 3:22:43 PM
- 'Escape From New York' Reboot Following 'Group' Thinking of &MSNEntertainment 8/30/2014 3:20:00 PM
- Joan Rivers Has Been Put on Life SupportMSNEntertainment 8/30/2014 3:06:00 PM
- 'Halo' makers shed light on live-action series
Beloved radio personality Casey Kasem only has a few months left to live as he battles Parkinson's disease and early onset dementia, according to his wife.
Kasem's second spouse, Jean, made the revelation in court papers on Friday, as she responded to a lawsuit filed against the couple by its former housekeeper and caregiver Hilda Loza, who alleges she was mistreated during her employment.
RELATED: Most expensive weddings
Jean did not attend Friday's hearing, but in documents lodged by her lawyer, she claimed, "My husband is terminally ill and unable to leave home."
She went on to request a continuance for a few months to allow "the situation to resolve or end, unfortunately," suggesting Kasem is close to death.
Jean got her wish as the judge threw out Loza's lawsuit, ruling that the former housekeeper had failed to properly serve the Kasems with the legal action, reports TMZ.
The case dismissal will come as a relief for Jean, who is already locked in a court battle with her ailing husband's children from his previous marriage over his medical care.
RELATED: Celebs without makeup
Kasem's adult kids, Kerri, Julie and Mike, are seeking a conservatorship amid allegations their stepmother has banned them from visiting their dad as his health deteriorates.
Last week, a Los Angeles judge refused to issue an emergency conservatorship and instead ordered an independent review of the star's medical care.
Get the scoop on Bradley Bayou's dress design that Oprah wore to the Emmy Awards.Watch Video »
Get Mariah and Nick's marital woe breakdown on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Her Little Pony
Check out Khloe Kardashian, Kaley Cuoco and more stars who ride horses on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Jennifer Lopez reunites with Casper Smart, plus more famous friendly exes on Replay, hosted by Wonderwall's Jessica Wedemeyer.Watch Video »
Lea Michele, Megan Fox, and Kate Walsh all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
From Ariana Grande to Gwyneth Paltrow, get the romance rumors on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTVenice Film Fest
From Crowd Ignite